6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 17, 2014 9:57 AM by erc RSS

bill marroitt on fox news sunday

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Mr. Marriott was on Chris Wallace talking about news directions given the uptick in Millennium guests. He said that Millenniums currently make up over 40% of guest nights going to 60%. He said that research says they want gathering space and don't need desks in their rooms as they are on ipads which I think was the concept behind the Courtyards and the bistro. Some of us Boomers might not like the change but he is following the money

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: bill marroitt on fox news sunday
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Some of us Gen X-ers aren't too keen on the change either. I'm okay with the gathering space (though I don't use it) but let me keep my in room desk.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

I have to agree. I am in the target millennial group he is going after but common space is the last thing I want. I am an introvert! My wife and I like to enjoy the time at a property (that isn't a beach resort or something like that) in our room rather than in some common area. While I hardly ever use the desk, it is nice to place things on it besides a computer like maybe food and drink or personal items, phone, tablet, etc...  I have to say I have not been able to try any of the newer brands (AC, Autograph, Moxy, Protea) but the wife is SPG gold and recently stayed at an Aloft near ORD. She said she was expecting it to be small and cramped but it wasn't and she really liked it. I am looking forward to seeing Marriott expand some of those newer property styles and designs to the U.S.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

the new room designs have a sitting area vs desk and large screen TV'S . they have  lab set up likely in Bethesda where they try changes to Millenniums

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

jerryl,

Overall, I thought the interview was mixed news.!

Why not talk about the very "Loyalists" of all ages that support your business.  If Marriott doesn't want or care about all of their customers, they will do what brought them to Marriott to begin with, they will find a new hotel to stay at!

curiousone Platinum

Because of the large volume of Marriott properties, you will always find some "special" places that treat Elite members well. However, I no longer expect my Platinum status to be recognized in a meaningful way when I check in to a Marriott property. I was once a hard core Marriott enthusiast, but no more. My Plat will be dropping to Gold next year and as long as Marriott keeps crediting night stays for my time share nights, I should remain Gold. I have Hilton Gold status due to my Hilton Visa Signature card and I have Starwood lifetime Gold due to a purchase in their time share program. It will be interesting to compare these 3 chains over the next few years. (For the record, I am a boomer, planning to work for the next 8 years.)

erc Platinum

Designing hotels for the Millennial generation | On Air Videos | Fox News

Well, whaddaya gonna do? What I find myself often torn between is my enormous respect for Bill Marriott the man, and my growing arms length business relationship with Marriott the company. Curiousone takes a pretty healthy approach.

In the interim, I'll wait for Huey Lewis to be timely again  Huey Lewis And The News - Hip To Be Square - YouTube

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...