5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 17, 2014 10:14 PM by vaboywnder RSS

Platinum with Family in Las Vegas

kalboz Platinum 5 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Any recent stay report for a stay in Las Vegas as a Platinum Elite?

We are a family of four (2 adults & 2 children) and would like to stay in Vegas for 4 nights and enjoy Platinum benefits of breakfast, upgrades, lounge access if available, etc.

Which property is the best place to stay for our needs?

Thank you!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA Autograph Collection The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Autograph Collection
  • Re: Platinum with Family in Las Vegas
    lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

This sounds like an awesome family trip, kalboz! I personally have not visited Vegas in quite some time, so I look forward to hearing what other Insiders think. Until then, here are a few past threads that you may find helpful.

Las Vegas Marriott Suites or Las Vegas Renaissance - Which is better?

Las vegas Marriott Suites winner

Thanks for posting!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

For a family vacation to Vegas I would recommend Marriott's Grand Chateau.  This vacation club property has just been remodeled and has nice size villas with full kitchens.  Location is right in the heart of the strip and many attractions are within walking distance.  There are two pools and fitness center and since it's a vacation club property they would most likely have kid friendly activities available.  Breakfast would not be included but you would have the larger room and a great location.  Most properties in Vegas are classified as "resort" properties which means you would not receive free breakfast.

The Las Vegas Marriott & Renaissance Las Vegas Hotels are full service properties in Vegas that would offer free breakfast in their lounges but they are located near the Convention Center and are further away from the strip.

donethat Platinum 5 Reviews

Although it is 20 minutes away from the strip, JW Marriott in Summerlin, has always given me fantastic upgrades, the best system wide.  They also gave me breakfast coupons as there is no lounge.  This is not the typical Vegas experience, and not for everyone, but the area is great, golf, restaurants and spa.

curiousone Platinum

I would have to agree with vaboywndr about the GC. I did the JW Summerlin a couple years ago and we just kept driving down to the strip. The GC is right there. The Cosmo was great when it was a Marriott property, and did offer Elite upgrades and free breakfasts. However, it seemed that the perks were being cut back the last couple of years. Not sure if it has actually left Marriott at this time. Have a great time and let us know what you do.

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

The Cosmo is still part of Marriott's Autograph Collection and they are very good at giving platinum members upgrades.  I don't think they offer the free breakfast anymore.  The Cosmo is also really geared to the Adult crowd.  Some of their rooms have the open bathroom concept which would not be kid friendly.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...