9 Replies Latest reply: Nov 9, 2014 12:22 PM by erc RSS

Bloomin' Brands (Outback) selling Roy's

erc Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

http://nrn.com/corporate-news/bloomin-brands-sell-roy-s?NL=NRN-05&Issue=NRN-05_20141106_NRN-05_674&YM_RID=infinitpro@aol.com&YM_MID=1493281&sfvc4ene

Just a brief restaurant tidbit. Bloomin' Brand (Outback, Carrabas, Bonefish, Flemings et al.) is divesting Roy's (like the nice one at the JW Phoenix Desert Ridge). I'm sure Roy's will do fine as a stand alone, but I'm going to miss my Costco $100 card for $80 deals that I could use in Chicago and elsewhere (like kharadaland).

And that serves as my annual reminder: Restaurant card deals start going on sale now for the holidays, just got my Lettuce Entertain You $125 for $100 - great restaurants, including the new, power spot (Nancy Pelosi hangs there, easy folks, remember, we're all getting along from now on) Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak and Stone Crab in DC.

Look for Landry's, Outback, Ruby Tuesday (30% this year) TGIF etc etc, you know the drill. A great way to (without hurting him)

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Bloomin' Brands (Outback) selling Roy's
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Sounds like Joe's is developing quite a reputation.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

erc Platinum

Yes it is, Pelosi, DCCC Election Day lunch not quite a party - The Washington Post and that reputation increases crowds and no doubt jacks up prices for average joe's like yours truly, and I can't pass my meal expenses off on the taxpayers .

foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

Let me guess the menu: crow and humble pie.

erc Platinum

Play nice now.  Speaking of deals, this was up on FlyerTalk, a Marriott deal for AmEx cardholders

Amex offer $50 off $200 - FlyerTalk Forums

vaboywnder you're an AmEx man, aren't you? looks good

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

erc,

I do have the Delta Platinum Amex Card.  Thanks for letting me know about this offer.  I just signed up for the $50 statement credit when spending $200 at Marriott Branded Hotels between  11/6/14 and 12/31/14.

Although its not of interest to me but I noticed there also Amex deals for  a couple of Autograph properties (Grand Bohemian & Castle Hotel).

Theres been quite a few good Amex deals lately...I'll have to check on these more often.

Thanks again!

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Great intel on the AMEX deal, thanks for sharing as I just signed up for the offer now it looks like I will need to stay at a Marriott just before Christmas when we visit downtown for a yet to be named Rockets game against a noteworthy Western Conference foe.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

And the sold corporate airplanes as well, go buy one for us Insiders!!

Yes, Roy's will do just fine away from the Bloomin Corp., love me some Roy's Happy Hour pricing when we are near one.

rshally Platinum

Interesting note about Roy's.  Used to be one of our favorite restaurants (still have flashbacks of the andouille encrusted snapper @ the Jax Beach Roy's).  The menu got a little stale for me though and seems like forever since I've been back.  As far as chains I have been really into Seasons52 of late.

Thanks for the tip on the cards!

erc Platinum

Just snagged a $100 PF Changs for $80 at Costco (along with Flemings/Bloomin' Brands and McCormick and Schmicks, and a local chain Glory Days). Combine those savings with their Happy Hour savings (usually 3 to, order by 6 pm) Menu - P.F. Chang's China Bistro (which are served in their booths in the dining room) and you can't go wrong (plus eating early is good for you ). Go man, go.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...