5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 22, 2010 2:28 PM by nuhusker RSS

Paying $15 for daily internet srevice

lakeman Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

This says it all---$15/day plus $585 for a room. I am retired and DO NOT get a allowance for anything. This is a very unfair charge!!!!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Paying $15 for daily internet srevice
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

You are so right!

You folks at Marriott need to look down the street and read the signs for "for Free Internet". Us working and retired people got there by getting appreciated for spending $585 per night.

Remember, there is a choice, and when Motel 6 is free Internet, it is something. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

mommabear Silver 60 Reviews
    I agree totally!! I have been to many hotels, from Red Roof to Marriott, and the internet is free at the cheaper places. Marriott needs to look at this again.

iflyjetzzz Platinum

I have a suggestion for you; it'll help a lot.  From now on, stay at a Fairfield Inn, Residence Inn, SpringHill Suites, or TownPlace Suites.  The rooms will be cheaper and will have free internet.

You paid $585 for a night and are complaining about a lousy $15????????????  Insert Ron White's tag line here.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

The message seems to be getting through: free Internet is a must at all properties.  To that I would add free and fast and secure Internet as well.

Most of the speeds I've tested are painfully slow, and there are next to no secured connections at most hotels, no matter what the price per day.

An alternative is to buy an add-on mobile broadband access connection card to your laptop, and to use that to create your own connection. They are pricey: Large data plans (5GB) are at least 60 dollars a month more than most cell plans with just voice, but it you travel a lot it frees you from the hassle of paying for something that's slow and non-secure.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

For $585 a day, I think they should've provided a computer in the room.  We stayed at JW downtown Miami a couple of years ago, was upgraded to a suite that included desktop computer with internet access included.  And we paid nowhere near 585. WOW!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...