5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2014 12:29 PM by lindseyh RSS

Account Name Mistake

jj1 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I recently signed up for a new Marriott account (last week) and everything auto-populated with my mother's information. This was a silly silly mistake. I wasn't aware until now because I'm preparing to make a reservation. I was able to change everything (email address, address, etc) except for the name, which is the most important. Would I be able to correct this as soon as possible? There are virtually no points on this account yet, so I hope it won't be an issue.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Account Name Mistake
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Welcome to Insiders.

Call Marriott Customer Service and tell them the problem, they'll give you direction on name changes to your rewards account.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jj1 Platinum

Right, but their name change information is in regards to people getting married not the mistake that I made.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

They still should be able to give you direction, if not open another account correctly in your name.

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi jj1,

Welcome to Marriott Rewards Insiders! So glad to have you on board! You ask a great question, and I have reached out to the customer care team to see what the best solution for you is.

Also, please feel free to tag or reach out to myself, The specified item was not found., or NathalieF anytime you have comments or questions. We make up the moderation team on this site.

Thanks for posting!

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hey jj1!

So, I reached out to the Customer Care team, and they confirmed what IAHFLYR said (thank you for your helpful response!), that since you do not have any points on the account, the quickest fix would be to start a new account with the correct name. Let me know if you have any other questions!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...