4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 18, 2014 8:50 AM by lorigrg RSS

Beyond expectations treatment in Portlandia!

lorigrg Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I cannot leave the Portland Downtown Waterfront property without nominating Pedro Sosa from the concierge lounge for a Spirit to Serve award. As a guest for a 6-day stay I had a number of opportunities to witness and experience his warm and generous hospitality. He welcomed each new guest to the hotel as though they were valued guests in his own home, remembered preferences, spent time patiently helping a "challenging" guest select a wine, and was never anything but gracious.

He is an asset to the property and the Marriott brand in general, and I will definitely return to this location when I vacation in Portland in the future. Marriott is my first-choice hotel not for the rooms, but for the people, and Pedro is a shining example of why I am Marriott Loyal.

Many thanks to all of the staff for an excellent stay!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Beyond expectations treatment in Portlandia!
    jmart Member

Thank you for taking the time to nominate Pedro! The Marriott team loves to hear this type of feedback - and you went out of your way to make the point here as well as Facebook! I may need a trip to Portland myself ;-)

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

laurac Marriott Associate

Greetings, lorigrg, On behalf of Marriott associates around the world, we take pride in providing exceptional service for each and every guest and we appreciate you taking the time to nominate this Marriott associate for this important award. We’ll enter this nomination for consideration of the Spirit to Serve award.

laurac Marriott Associate

Greetings, lorigrg, Thank you again for helping to acknowledge this associate and their outstanding service! As a result of your nomination, this associate has been selected to receive the Marriott Spirit to Serve award. Associates are honored to hear that they exemplify the values instilled by JW Marriott, and it means more knowing the recognition came from you, our valued guest.

lorigrg Gold

That's awesome! Thanks for letting me know, and congratulations to Pedro for his much-deserved recognition. I write this, of course, from another Marriott property . . . .

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...