5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 6, 2014 5:23 PM by iahflyr RSS

Credit Card Hack/Scam Charge

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Insiders, watch for an unauthorized charge showing up on your credit cards for a small amount usually under $60.  Yep, my Marriott Visa bill came yesterday and show a charge from RUIJRD.COM CHENGDU that I did not recognize.  I called Chase and they immediately transferred me to Chase Security who closed out my account and issued a new account.  Seems it start with a call from a 016 number that I did not even answer. 

Here is a website I found when searching for the charge originator:

0163025275 ruijrd.com CHENGDU debited from my account RM310.97, Credit / Debit /ATM Card Fraud. Who called from this scam phone number? Comments & Reviews.

Be alert for this as they start small so catch it quick.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Credit Card Hack/Scam Charge
    vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

Thanks for the warning!  I've gotten in the habit of checking my credit card accounts often for fraudulent charges. It's a shame that consumers have to be so vigilant these days.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Yikes! That's very scary. I'm glad you were able to catch it early on, though! Thanks for the heads up!

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

I had it happen twice on my AX card which was a pain since I had a number of bills tied to that account

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

Sorry to hear about your problem. You might already have something like this, but I subscribed to "Identity Guard" several years ago to protect my social security number, bank account and credit cards:

About Us - Identity Guard | Identity Guard

There are a number of services like this, but after researching the various ones I settled on Identity, which was initially offered by Chase Bank. Here is a list for comparison:

- NextAdvisor.com

I also have set up "alerts" on all my credit cards, such as:

1.  Any foreign transaction (unless I've advised credit card company I'll be traveling in another country)

2.  Any charges in excess of a designated amount

3. Any charges when my credit card is not present

4.  I change my pass words frequently and have set up recognizable scenes, photos, etc. for me to verify before entering my pass word.

Hope this is helpful.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Thanks Fred, but it really was not more than an inconvenience since Chase is very good in the handling of the issue.  Alerts are excellent even though the excess charge amount would have been very very low and the alerts for things like that and a few others would be an inconvenience.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...