2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 18, 2014 4:20 PM by Sledchick RSS

Save 10 Percent or More at Marriott Hotels -- Really?

Sledchick Platinum 9 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Has anyone out there gotten a decent rate this way?  Please read below the e-mail I received entitled "Save 10 Percent or More at Marriott Hotels":

Thank you again for being a member of US Lacrosse. Your membership includes benefits not available to the general lacrosse public, and we invite you to put your membership to work by saving on hotel stays at Marriott.

Marriott, the official hotel partner of US Lacrosse since 2010, now offers members two programs to save on hotel stays. The BreakAway Discount Program can save you 10 percent or more on weekend rates at 2,000-plus participating Marriott hotels worldwide. The offer is valid Thursday-Sunday only and a Friday night or Saturday night stay is required. The individual booking the reservation must be a member of US Lacrosse or parent of a member, and must be the individual to check in at the hotel.

Marriott's Team Travel Program is for personal or team travel, and it features real-time pricing, instant confirmation reservation links and a simple contract for team travel. With nearly 3,900 hotels worldwide, members can search with live map filters and find hotels near your next tournament (note that US Lacrosse tournaments often have required, special deals for participants).

Other terms and conditions may apply.

Last year I tried to book something using the lacrosse discount and the rate I got was not any better than when I had done my homework and booked a Marriott stay on my own.  Sort of like the "Hertz discount", which really doesn't add up to much most of the time.  I'm a saavy traveler (yes, sometimes cheap!) and wonder if anyone has had success with a better rate through this channel.  Thanks, Insiders!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...