3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 3, 2014 6:37 PM by bejacob RSS

Validity dates for e-certificates issued from renewal of Mariott credit card

jordand Silver
Currently Being Moderated

How long are these e-certificates valid for?  Shouldn't they be valid for a year?  I got my renewal for the Chase Credit card this June 2014 and was issued one of these category 1-5 certificates.  It expires December 13...so 6 months.  Is this usual?  Is there a way to extend this even until the end of 2014? 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Validity dates for e-certificates issued from renewal of Mariott credit card
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Certificates from the credit card expire after 6 months, so your experience is nothing unusual. Your best bet to extend the date is to call customer service (especially if you have travel planned within a short time after the certificate expires). Most of the time, pushing the date out an extra month or so is not a problem (having a date and location in mind tends to make it easier).

Good luck and let us know if you are successful.

On a related note, certificates from MegaBonus offers do last 12 months from the date they are earned. It will be interesting to see if they make a return in 2015.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Validity dates for e-certificates issued from renewal of Mariott credit card
      jordand Silver

Thanks bejacob for the suggestion. I gave customer service a call and said exactly what you said...that I will be traveling around the expiry date..etc.  The nice lady simply extended the validity of the certificate (she said as a one time favour) for another 6 months.  Very friendly service.  So now the certificate is valid until May 2015.  Awesome!  Thank you very much for the suggestion.  

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...