5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 1, 2014 9:00 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Paris Car Service from CDG to Hotel ?

travisbnewton Platinum 15 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Does anyone have any recommendation for a reliable and reputable car service for myself and wife when we visit Paris.  Any experiences would greatly be appreciated.     I would rather schedule something then take a taxi.

Thanks Travis

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Paris
Paris, France Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe Hotel
  • Re: Paris Car Service from CDG to Hotel ?
    brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Woah, thats a big bill you'll run up, friend!

Taxi/Transfers between CDG and downtown Paris start at about $80 each way and take upwards of an hour. CDG sits on top of its own metro station with regular trains running into Paris for only a few Euros a pop, and are faster as well….

In view of the above I've never used a private transfer between CDG and my hotel, so can't help, unless having read this you too have decided that a quick train  journey is your best solution.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

pointjunkie Gold 2 Reviews

Bon Jour!  (that's my 3 years of high school French class)

Not sure when you are traveling or at what Marriott location you are staying at....but have you tried to reach out to the customer service line (Either Marriott Rewards # or the Marriott Vacation Club #) Talk with a live person to see if they might be able to get the concierge's email address.  That way you will be able to have a contact at the hotel as well as their recommendation for transportation.  They might even be able to set it up for you with pick up at CDG.

(You know how the driver holds up a sign with your name on it)  Have a wonderful trip!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

travisbnewton,

If you want to get a car from CDG to your Marriott Hotel, start with the Concierge.  I have always taken the private car from CDG, and yes it is expensive, but after flying a long way, I don't want to have to "Think to much"!

If you stay at The Ren. AdT, they always arrange for us to have a "Greeter" as we get off the plane, walk us thru security, get our bags, get into the back of a car and go directly to the hotel.  We may be in the car before some people are thru customs.  The Concierge, organizes it all, and we do the same thing on the return to CDG.

Let us know how we can provide more details and let us know, if this is your first trip, and what hotel you are staying at, here are a few photo's:

IMG_2295.JPG

Samantha is one of the wonderful greeters to welcome you, and facilitate your arrival at CDG!  Again, arranged by the hotel Concierge!

IMG_2298.JPG

Phillipe, is an excellent driver!  He, or others will make your arrival to the hotel memorable!

Good luck, and have a wonderful trip!

Location Brand Hotel
    Paris, France Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe Hotel
    zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

When we went we took a bus from the airport to the AdT circle and walked down to the hotel.  It was a great experience checking everything out but honestly the train would have been easier and probably about the same money depending on cab from the train station. 

If the funds were in the budget, I'd totally go with Jerry's plan....and likely will on my next journey to Paris if I fly there directly from the US. 

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

zukracer,

Have never taken the bus, but have the train, and enjoyed it.  However, I was by myself, and it was easy and I was not in a hurry.  When you have loved ones with you, it is so much easier to let someone help you from the plane to the hotel.

Here's a photo of the RER, between CDG and AdT:

IMG_0578.JPG

Relaxing places to see along the way!  Just don't have too much luggage, and be prepared to change from The RER to The Metro!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...