3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2015 1:49 PM by suzysharp RSS

Vacation Club offers for platinum members...

tjt Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

I'm just writing to ask you about the MVC policies in other parts of the world (than Europe). I've recently received the 'platinum executive' offer for a few nights stay in one of the Vacation Clubs, provided I would participate in the MVC membership presentation. Well, my wife and I decided that it is worth checking out. So I made the call and... was told I cannot redeem the offer as my wife is too young... (she's is 27, I'm 31). So I went through the T&Cs... yeap, age limit and income limit are stated there (the latter is not an issue).

You can imagine my disappointment... well, of course it's Marriott right to set T&Cs. No doubts about it. But at the same time the brand lost so much in my eyes... not to mention I must deal with the disappointment at home.

Right now I wonder... and that's my question as well, do you know if similar limitation exists in different parts of the world, or is it only an 'invention' of local, European office? Especially, as I remember that when we were in Thailand last year, the local MVC had absolutely no problems with offering us similar deals (shame we did not take them the

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Vacation Club offers for platinum members...
    bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

I'm a Vacation Club Member and cannot believe that someone who is 27 is considered too young to participate  in the program.  Regardless of what the T&Cs say it's worth a call to MVC corporation if you're still interested.  Try Mr. Greg R. a MVC V.P. out of the Orlando, FL, headquarters .  He's been helpful to my wife and I on a number of MVC issues that have come up over the years.  If you wish, you can say the Mandias referred you to him.  Good luck and sorry you were disappointed.  We have enjoyed our membership over the past 4 years and feel it is a good program, although, as with any other venture, there were some bumps in the road.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi tjt,

Thanks for taking the time to share this experience with the community. Sorry that this didn't work out for you, that's very frustrating! I'm looking into your question about MVC policies outside of Europe, and will keep you posted with what I learn.

suzysharp Platinum

In the US they never asked our ages. They only asked to confirm our income and that my husband would attend with me. 27 seems like a strange age to be "too young"

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...