5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 16, 2017 12:14 PM by curiousone RSS

Where are the 5 night travel packages???

melroseman Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

For owners of MVCI weeks or destination points there was always an option of a 5 night travel package, along the same lines as the Marriott Rewards 7 night travel packages but obviously for more points.  It was always well hidden on the vacationclub website, but now it appears to be gone. Any idea of this is being phased out, or are my old eyes missing something??

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Where are the 5 night travel packages???
    erc Platinum

melroseman

A buddy of mine (a Marriott timeshare owner) had wondered the same thing a few weeks ago. Marriott Rewards told him that they had removed it from the Rewards section (since non owners couldn't use it) and it's now on

Marriott Vacation Club International  . He logged in and went from there and I'm pretty sure he put a 5 nighter together through there. Good luck.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

mchinsomboon Platinum

I wonder if this would also be allowed for SPG timeshare owners now with the merger.

erc Platinum

Since this post three years ago, Marriott 'officially' stopped offering 5 day packages to non-Vacation Club owners (although there were occasional exceptions posted here in this forum, so sometimes it depended on what rep you spoke to at Marriott Rewards).

Now, with regards to SPG;

A vacation club point converted to a rewards point isn't really a rewards pt?

In reading about Ms. Clancy's very legitimate beef, it appears that specific terms were written into the Marriott/SPG acquisition with regards to Vacation Club members and SPG properties.

My initial thought would be, "no, SPG owners would not be permitted to cross trade", given the terms Ms. Clancy ran up against (MVC points were not good for SPG properties); however given the way Arne and the gang love them some SPG customers, my revised answer (and not sarcastically) is "who knows".

AndrewT was researching Ms. Clancy's 'buried in the weeds' legal mumble jumble, so perhaps with this tagging, he'll use his new found expertise and shed some light on the subject (don't hold it against me Andrew, like the Rocketman, "it's just your job five days a week" ).

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi all!  Starwood does have a timeshare program, however that program was not part of the merger.  Unfortunately  SPG timeshare owners will not be able to order a 5 night Owner Travel package with Marriott. Hope this helps, but feel free to reach out with any additional questions.

curiousone Platinum

After the merger the Starwood timeshares became Vistana Signature Experience. Interestingly, they some how managed to keep the use of SPG points alive. (They claim for 99 years) It will interesting to see if the SPG point retains it's relative value.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...