1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 27, 2014 9:15 PM by taxman193 RSS

Platinum benefits using points for meals

ramip Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hello,

Can you use points to get certificates for meals or breakfast buffet at a Marriott resort?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Platinum benefits using points for meals
    taxman193 Platinum 11 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

I will let someone else answer this just to verify but sorry to say that as far as I know, you can no longer use points to purchase the all inclusive plans that are available at some resorts. In addition, Marriott did away with the opportunity to purchase certificates using points. These certificates were a great deal for Platinum members and you could use the certificates toward the cost of the room and/or food purchases. You can still purchase gift cards from Marriott using points but it is not worth it (in my opinion). Sign-on to your Marriott account and go to the benefits section where you can find the information on the gift cards but again, the points it requires to purchase a card with a reasonable cash value is simply not worth it and not a good use of your points. I wish Marriott would bring back the ability to use points for the all-inclusive plans but that was removed a long time ago.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...