13 Replies Latest reply: Feb 22, 2015 8:37 PM by iahflyr RSS

United Airlines & Hertz Partnership

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

United Airlines and Hertz has announced a new partnership that begins today November 1st. United members can now earn between 500 and 1250 United Miles per car rental at Hertz.  Also under this new Partnership United Premier Silver and Premier Gold members can receive Hertz Five Star Status. United Premier Platinum and Premier 1K members can receive Hertz President Circle Status.  Qualifying Members can begin enrollment for the new Hertz Elite status in January 2015.

This new partnership can be beneficial to Marriott Platinum members who are currently eligible to have United Premier Silver status which will in turn will also allow them to have Hertz Five Star Status.

Here is a link to more information about the United/Hertz Partnership:

http://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/products/travelproducts/car/pages/hertzoffer.aspx

Here is a link for more information about the Hertz Five Star Status:

https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/emember/join/overview.do?learnMore=fiveStar

Here is a link for more information about Hertz President's Circle Status:

https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/emember/join/overview.do?learnMore=presidentsCircle

unitedhertz.JPG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: United Airlines & Hertz Partnership
    jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

thanks for the info

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

Just tried on an upcoming rental and the price was $100 more for rental and only get 500 United miles.  For me, not a good deal.

californian,

It's been my experience as well that Hertz is usually much higher than the competition.  In some markets they are more competitive and then the deal may make sense.  Also you can earn 500 United miles from both Thrifty and Dollar Car Rental (which are usually more competitive) for rentals of 4 days or more.  Hertz recently acquired Thrifty and Dollar.

I was able to get a better price with Hertz using other discounts and an even better price with Enterprise.

erc Platinum

vaboywnder

Thanks for sharing - every little bit helps. Like californian wrote above, I seldom see these deals work vs. my research, but I recently had a Hotwire deal with Hertz at LAX, and boy, I sure wished I was Gold then and could have gone straight to the car  , so if Marriott/United renew the deal and United keeps their word as listed in the link you provided (I'm also MileagePlus Club thru the credit card);

"Starting in January 2015, MileagePlus Premier® members as well as primary cardmembers of the United MileagePlus Club and United MileagePlus Presidential PlusSM Cards will receive complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards elite status (enrollment required)".

then that would be another benefit that might prove valuable for yours truly (and let's face it, it's all about me anyway, isn't it? ) for the occasional time Hertz pops up on the Hotwire 'spin the wheel deal'.

What I have found, be it Certificates, FlashPerks, Marriott Elite Offers, Marriott Deals, Silver Premier status, etc, etc, is to try to capture the intersection of  promotional marketing spin with personal value and even if it's only once per year, that's one more savings than I would have had. I've grown too weary (like Three Dog Night's young girl wearing the same old funky dress - look it up kiddies ) to fight the system - .

In case I forget to ask at the Insider Wash. DC Get Together, NathalieF please inform us (again before USA Today does) when/if you get the word about the renewal of the Marriott/United, we are approaching the time when they announced last year - thanks. http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/thread/14305?start=525&tstart=0

Reply #533 on the monster thread  

Marriott and United to offer reciprocal elite perks

appropriately enough, the answer would be #600 (unless IAHFLYR jumps in there trying to win the Mercedes).

Oh yeah baby, lovin' me that extra hour of falling back

Thanks for sharing vaboy, let's take our bennies wherever they can be found. Keep on keepin' on Insiders.

ps - just discovered Marriott Golds/Plats get  Hertz Gold, so if I can figure out how to enroll, 

erc,

Good point...Marriott and United may decide not to renew their partnership in 2015.  Since it's happened two years in a row I'm guessing its here to stay for a while but time will tell.

BTW...love the jpegs!

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

interesting I just booked a flight to Aruba first class on united which was sat least 500 cheaper than American

Things have changed and it is worth shopping for price.  You found that out with a nice saving.

Reminder to Marriott Platinum Members:

You can now obtain Hertz Five Star Status through your United Premier Membership.

Here is a link to the enrollment page:  http://www.hertzstatus.mileageplus.com/

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

It takes about three business days to get your email telling you that you are signed up.

Nothing against hybrid vehicles, but I just returned from using a Hertz car in Monterey, CA, and much to my surprise I received a Prius which was an upgrade from a Standard vehicle......I don't believe a Prius is an upgrade to anything other than a horse and buggy and it did not do well driving the hills. Next rental from Hertz I won't accept that type of upgrade.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

I received a Prius as an upgrade once and it saved me a ton in gas.

I finally signed up.  Should have done it earlier since I just rented from Hertz.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...