2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 16, 2015 9:27 AM by lulu51 RSS

Marriott in New Zealand

tucsondave Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I will be travelling to Queenstown, New Zealand in January 2016 to hike the Milford Track. I have looked for Marriott hotels in Wellington, Christchurch and Queenstown, but don't seem to locate any. Does anyone have any info on Marriott plans to expand there in the future. I have stayed at Rydges hotels in Australia and will probably use them in NZ if no Marriott options are available.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Queenstown, New Zealand
  • Re: Marriott in New Zealand
    skiadcock Platinum 4 Reviews

I did an 11-day trip to NZ several years ago.  Didn't stay in Wellington, but did stay in Christchurch & Queenstown.  No Marriotts in New Zealand at all AFAIK.  In Christchurch I stayed at the Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza.  In Queenstown I stayed at Heritage - Queenstown.  It's a bit like a ski resort type property.  Had great views of The Remarkables (mountains). Didn't realize at the time that there was a Heritage in Christchurch or I probably would have stayed there, but going for points HICP worked.   Not sure if you're going to stay in Te Anau, but if you do I stayed at the Kingsgate.  Kingsgate is part of the Millenium/Copthorne hotel chain.  I managed to get good rates at all 3 properties.  My trip was split between the North & South Islands.  Stayed at Auckland Hilton when on North Island.

Did an extensive trip report on my trip, which also includes links & telephone #s.  Cheers.

SkiAdcock Goes To New Zealand! 11days in Kiwiland - FlyerTalk Forums

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott in New Zealand
    lulu51 Silver

We've stayed at a couple of places in Queenstown. First time (3 yrs ago), we stayed at the Copthorne (lakeview) which was within walking distance (hilly walk) into town, a very nice hotel that I would recommend. This last time (1 yr ago) with 8 of us, we stayed at a very nicely maintained 4 bedroom service apartment called The Glebe, also walking distance into town (steep hill on the final 10 yards of the walk). The service apartment had a fully functioning kitchen, a nicety given that eating out can be expensive in NZ. However, be sure to try the "take-away" venison meat pie at one of the local bakery....yum!

I am envious of your upcoming trek!

I recommend taking the bus from the airport which stops in front of the Copthorne (lakeview).  It's a walk down to the Glebe for the same airport bus.  Van service is a bit dear as they say like 35 NZD, less if there is a group of 8.

Location Brand Hotel
    Queenstown, New Zealand

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...