11 Replies Latest reply: Nov 25, 2014 3:50 PM by jerryl RSS

Demographics of Lifetime Platinum Members

kbscubadiver Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Just something I was thinking about today as I quickly approach Lifetime Platinum Status.... What do you think the average age is of all the LPM?

Heres my stats:

Race: White

Sex: Male

Hometown: Fernandina Beach, Fl

Relationship: Married

Average Nights Per Year: ~300

Total Nights with Marriott: 1289

Total Points Earned: 1,784,488

Do you use the Marriott Rewards Credit Card Linked to your account: No, my wife has it linked to hers.

Feel free to post pictures of your stats!

2014-10-22_20-50-12.png

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Demographics of Lifetime Platinum Members
    schlechtman Platinum

Joined at 22, 34 now. hit LP recently. Takes 12 years in addition to the points and nights.

5A3DD39A-E16A-43AE-96C3-4D0EC79BE6B0.PNG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bcolburn Silver 2 Reviews

My question is, how do you earn so many points on your stays?  I'm currently at 143 nights with only 117,074 points.  At that rate I'll never accumulate enough points for even Lifetime Silver!  Thanks in advance for your help!

jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews

people traveling for years for work. :/

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Hi bcolburn.

Point accumulation at 10 points per $ spent is a very different thing to nights stayed.

FIrstly, price. Stay 10 nights at $80, get 8000 points. Stay those 10 nights at $200, get 20,000 points.

Next, brand. Stay at Residence Inn or TownePlace and you can halve those figures but stay at Marriotts, Autographs, JW, Renaissance and you'll get not only the 10points/$ on the roomrate but also on incidental spend.

Then there's elite level. Get to 75 nights and Marriott doubles your elite bonus points and gives 500 welcome points each time you checkin.

And don't forget bonuses, megabonus offers occur 3 times each year, stay 25 nights in 15 weeks and you'll score 50,000 extra points no matter how low your rate. Pop all 3 in a year and there's 150,000 extra points. Don't forget your credit card, depending which one you carry up to 15 nights credit, plus one nights credit per $3000 spent, 2 points per $ and 5 points per $ at Marriott's. It's easy to add to your total that way.

During my companies last fiscal year I spent 67 nights at Marriott's, spending on average $180 night inc incidentals, generating 200,000 points. I also received 120,000 megabonus and other non-elite bonuses and 40,000 from my credit card spends. I live in the UK, and our credit card offering pales next to USA. Total for year, 360,000 points from 67 nights...

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

Took me nearly 10 years. I was staying full time for a few years (365 nights per year) at an MEA but they only credit 1 night out of 3. So I've got about 2,500 nights total (at all sites) but only credit for about 1,200.

64 years old, Travel a ton for work.

kbscubadiver Platinum 2 Reviews

Im in the same boat.  We stayed in a MEA for 4 months in orlando. It's so messed up that you don't earn at the same rate as a regular stay. You are paying just as much, if not more per night.  That still pisses me off when I think about it.

prost Gold 2 Reviews

I guess I've been on a slow burn towards lifetime platinum...of course I didn't even know I was Lifetime Gold until a few weeks ago.

Been a rewards member for about 12 years.  Was on the road a ton years ago, but with less travel and company policy changes, I have had to rely on my Chase Visa Signature card to keep me Platinum Elite most years.

Lifetime stats are 697 nights and 1,822,000 points. Should get to lifetime platinum some time in the middle of next year.

atlantaguy Platinum

Joined Marriott Marquis Program(the original name for Marriott Rewards) sometime in 1982.  Just before MR reached it's 25th Anniversary, Marriott sent me a Lifetime Platinum Membership.  It only took 27 years!

worldwidetraveller Platinum 3 Reviews

I started with MR in 2001.  To date, I have 642 nights, but only <1.2M points.  Since I did not track my total points earned before, there is no way I can verify that.  Every time I called Marriott, I was told that the points numbers are correct.  Somehow, I have my doubts. 

Since I started to track it, I found that between Oct 8 and Oct 24, 2014, my total point shrunk about 45K points.  It is possible that I wrote it down wrong. But it is also possible that a mistake has been makde by MR or the "system."

When I called, the MR customer service representative insisted that the number is correct.  When I asked him about the total number of points I had in October, he said there is no way to look up that information.  (Here we go again...  What if points are wiped out in October and I did not discover it until today, how is MR going to get my points back?  I have no way of proving it and MR does not have a way to look it back!)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...