9 Replies Latest reply: Oct 22, 2014 1:26 PM by skiadcock RSS

No breakfast at AC hotel in Paris

jamesdean Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

UNfortunatly with all the brands joining Marriott (AChotels) being one of them the perks for Plats are either not applied or they just dont comply. Staying at the AC hotel in Paris for three nights and was kindly informed no breakfast for Plats.

they claimed they dont participate in that aspect, perhaps they are correct. Has anyone stayed at AC hotels recently!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: No breakfast at AC hotel in Paris
    sg1974 Gold

I've stayed at several in Italy and Spain and always book up the rates including breakfast.

they are not included on the list of hotels that provide breakfast therefore I have never expected it.

you can see from the list it only includes:

*** Available at JW Marriott®, Autograph Collection®, Renaissance® and Marriott Hotels® (resorts excluded).

Marriott Rewards Membership Benefits | Marriott

Only real benefits for elites at AC hotels are potential room upgrade and internet access.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

shashack Platinum 4 Reviews

I stayed at Boscolo Venice summer of 2013 and they provided breakfast to Platinum guest.

erc Platinum

Two different (confusing) brands

Autograph Collection - (currently 75 overall) Boscolo Venice - Breakfast for Plats

AC Hotels (currently 80 overall - 61 in Spain, 10 in Italy, 4 in France, 1 Portugal) - No breakfast for Plats

sg1974's response is The Answer

OK, I get it, AChotels do not participate, the question is why not? I mean if your tied to the brand then isnt it expected to have a consistent rewards programe. In any event its not a big deal, but it is more annoying to have all these exceptions through out the chain. Gotta start reading the fine print more often..Lol

skiadcock Platinum 4 Reviews

You 're confusing chain and brand.  And obviously it is a big deal to you or you wouldn't' have started the thread.  But you're correct.. To avoid unpleasant surprises it helps to read the T&C of the elite program.  AC has been part Marriott for well over a year if not longer.

Bummer you didn't get brekkie. If the room plus brekkie wasn't much more might have been better to just go with that. Brekkie aside, bow was your stay/the property?

Cheers

The hotel is a fairly new, not a large number of rooms. has a small bar and restaurant in the lobby. The rooms are quiet, clean and the staff was very helpful and friendly. there is a nepresso coofee machine in the room, which makes excellent coffee.

erc Platinum

I've read similar favorable responses about how this could be a worthwhile 'quick stop' brand. Several writers thought it might be an excellent money saver for an overnight or two, but might be a challenge for a longer term stay, due to some layout issues. Thanks for sharing your insights jamesdean.

We've just highlighted one of the significant benefits of Insiders (and FlyerTalk), the sharing of info. Knowing the policies going in help reduce the disappointment and finding out from the forums is a lot more fun (and perhaps easier) than a stroll through the T & Cs. I remember the first time I charged an expensive dinner at the Ritz (is there any other kind?) only to find out after the fact that points are only rewarded for room rate (like at a Fairfield) for Ritz stays. I was really irritated (even though, it was my own fault for not knowing). Now that I know upfront, it makes a big difference in my attitude (it also pretty much assures no more dining at a Ritz ).

Keep on keepin' on Insiders.

skiadcock Platinum 4 Reviews

Thanks for the update.  I think it just opened up a few months ago.  And because it's Paris, even though it's an AC I believe the category is a high one.

erc, my next windmill to tilt at with Marriott is getting points for incidental spend where incidental spend is available.  Drives me crazy that it's room only, and thus I refuse to spend any $$ other than room at those brands & will go off-site for spend.

Cheers.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...