7 Replies Latest reply: Oct 21, 2014 12:57 PM by crnkotm RSS

Best Charlotte Hotel for Leisure Trip

crnkotm Platinum 6 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I'm looking at taking my wife for a long weekend and since Charlotte is one of the few places I can fly direct I thought we might try it out. I've never been there so I was looking to see if anyone had any advice on which part of town to stay. I have a free Category 5 night that needs to be used and both Renaissance hotels fall into this category.

I like to be able to walk to some dining and sites if possible.

Thanks!

Tony

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Charlotte, North Carolina, USA
  • Re: Best Charlotte Hotel for Leisure Trip
    randomname Platinum 7 Reviews

Both Renaissances are nice, but the one near the airport would require a car.

The one on the south side of town is next to a really nice mall.

The Marriott on College St. is best for downtown walking access to restaurants and entertainment.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Far East Man Platinum 1 Reviews

The hotel close to the airport is all suites, every room so you will have more room to relax.

But yes, you will need a car.  There is a Jocks and Jills sports bar half a mile away but that's about it.

kristi11876 Platinum

Both properties are nice (I love the SouthPark location) but neither are in the city of Charlotte (known as Uptown). The Renaissance in SouthPark is in an upscale suburb that is walking distance to many nice shops and restaurants, including high end steak houses and department stores, but you will not be in the city.  Unfortunately, there aren't any properties in the city that qualify for a certificate.

rritch2 Gold

Depends on what you want to do.

If you stay in the middle of downtown Charlotte at the Courtyard Charlotte City Center (category 5) or the Residence Inn Charlotte Uptown (category 4), you are close to:

Lots of nice restaurants

Bank of America Stadium for a Panthers football game

Blumenthal Performing Arts Center for a play or concert

Time Warner Cable Arena for a Hornets basketball game or a concert

If you'd rather shop, then South Park is very nice.

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

crnkotm - My favorite Marriott facilities in Charlotte are actually south of town, called South Park - either the Marriott (Cat. 6), or Renaissance (Cat. 5), both approximately $240/night, if paying. You might need to rent a car at the airport.

There are a number of good restaurants - McCormick & Schmidt, Cooks, and a host of others - within walking distance of either hotel, and you can walk 5 minutes to shopping at nearby center (back side of Marriott), or the South Park Mall.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

You might want to check out this thread Local Restaurants-Charlotte?

Several good option if you choose to stay in the South Park area. I loved it when I was there in March (stayed at the Renaissance).

crnkotm Platinum 6 Reviews

Thanks everyone I'm leaning toward South Park Renaissance! Looks like I can't really go wrong!

Tony

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...