2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 22, 2014 7:57 AM by wackman RSS

Post Platinum Status?

wackman Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Many of us that take the time to be an Insider achieve Platinum status annually, or are already Lifetime Platinum (LP). I have just reached LP with 2MM points and >1000 nights with Marriott.  So, should there be a new category above Platinum? I am a Marriott guy for hotels and Delta for airlines.  Delta served up Diamond Status which was a full 50k miles greater than Platinum several years ago.  I think Marriott should follow suit.  Perhaps 1250 night stayed and 2.5MM points required to get there.  If this ever occurred, what should the perks be?  Perhaps a 100% point multiplier?  Free Marriott Credit Card that indicates the top status?  Free upgrades at Vacation Clubs?  Elimination of additional resort fees, parking, etc?  Company Stock? :-)   Wow... talk about Golden Handcuffs!!  What say you?

Kind regards.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Post Platinum Status?
    erc Platinum

Wackman

Whereas we've written before about higher levels (Plutonium and Titanium for example) and discussed the ambivalent benefits of Platinum Premier, we've got our hands full just hanging onto the current benefits in this environment of huge demand where lodgers hold all the cards. It appears the era of golden handcuffs, locking us into additional stays by providing top of the line benefits has come and gone as Marriott has made it clear to us loyalists that they don't currently need our patronage (we have pages of defections and departures posted in this very forum, significant $$$ amounts without even registering a blip on the response radar).

Here's some background for your reading pleasure;

Ideas for new perks for Plutonium status

Marriott needs a Plutonium tier

Time for Titanium Elite

Good to hear from you, we need some more Wackmans in the forum. Stay in touch, hopefully you'll share some travel ideas from some of those >1, 000 nights. As Marriott gets stronger and stronger and needs our stays less and less, our best weapon is the sharing of travel techniques that help us all optimize our travels. Thanks for participating.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Post Platinum Status?
      wackman Platinum

Thank you erc.  As a recent member to the Insider's Club I was not aware that this has been in the spotlight previously, but I should have.  I appreciate the links providing additional background.  Regarding the encouragement to share some of my travel techniques, yes, I will do that that in this forum as well.  Thanks again! Wackman

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...