8 Replies Latest reply: Oct 19, 2014 12:56 PM by viennarose RSS

Can you still get a five night stay for a four night point redemption?

viennarose Gold 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

This was a nice benefit we have used from time to time when possible.  Is it gone?  Still available?

Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Can you still get a five night stay for a four night point redemption?
    shashack Platinum 4 Reviews

It is still listed in the hotel points conversion table.  Go to Use PointS/Hotels / Points and Categories.  The footnote mentions use 4 nights get 5th free.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

randomname Platinum 7 Reviews

Easiest way to find out is to try it.  Get an online quote in points for a 4-night stay, then try the same hotel with a 5-night stay.  Don't have to actually book it.

viennarose Gold 1 Reviews

Thanks for some quick answers!  Glad to know this is still available.  I'm wondering now if the same is true when booking a Vacation Club property?

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

The 5th night free reward is available across all the brands including the more "semi-detached" Ritz and the Vacation Club.

There is a persistent rumour that Marriott plans to abandon the 5th night free element. They haven't done so yet, and I would be shocked if they did, a multi-night point saving feature has long been an integral part of the scheme, and the industry has really coalesced around the 5-for-4 methodogy. I don't see this changing anytime this decade.

Of course, theres a big difference between Marriott offering the 5th night free and actually being able to book it. What with limited redemption room nights (where the hotel gets permission to restrict rewards rooms) and no guaranteed availability, you can sometimes find your prefered dates refused because one of the five consecutive nights is unavailable for points redemption. Usually moving dates back or forward by a day or two solves the problem, so the key is a little flexibility, I've found booking the 5-for-4 very easy when reserving a few months in advance and over the years have used it for stays in Monaco, Moscow, Egypt, Wales and Dubai.

Finally it is worth pointing out that the Vacation Clubs don't participate in the no-blackout dates rule, so out of all the Marriott brands they'll be the toughest to get 5 consecutive nights availability. However I just checked both EuroDisney and Orlando and found good all round redemption availability, and these are really popular spots...

tommo781 Silver 8 Reviews

I have a points redemption booking for December in London with the fifth night free.  I booked it well in advance, and had no problems.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...