4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 15, 2014 9:42 PM by debbiebrown RSS

Kauai beach clubs - which is better

hikergolfer Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Trying to decide which is better for us, Kauai beach club or Waiohai villas.  Has anyone stayed at both and have an opinion.  We're golfers/hikers and prefer a more modern look.  We don't have kids.  Which is newer and nicer?

Any advice we can get would be great.

Thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Kauai beach clubs - which is better
    hawaiiowner Platinum
    We looked carefully at both Waiohai and the Kauai Beach Club before deciding last year which one to buy. We bought at Waiohai. It is a first class property all the way, while the Kauai Beach Club is worn around the edges and does not have the facilities to match Waiohai. For example, no in-villa laundry or full kitchens and much more cramped. Waiohai is much newer also. In short, the Kauai Beach Club is by far the worst of the many Marriott Vacation Club properties we have visited and Waiohai is one of the best. Also, since you are golfers, there is fantastic golf at Kauai Lagoons, very near the Kauai Beach Club, but it is only a 20 minute drive from Waiohai, so I would definitely stay at Waiohai.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

cellerba Silver

Of the two, I would definitely recommend the Waiohai as it is a newer, smaller resort, sits right on the beach, and the amenities are terrific.  My husband and I stayed there with another couple last June and loved it.  We also visited the Kauai beach club during our stay and found that to be too big and impresonnal for our tastes.  It did seem to have more variety of restaurants and a much larger pool, but, given the choice, I'd go back to the Waiohai.

2morgans Silver

Stayed at Kauai Beach Club in 2003 on first trip to island and ended up buying 2 weeks at Waiohai. Bought another week every other year last year. This will be our 6th year back on the island and 5th at Waiohai.

Kauai Beach Club & Hotel are as described, a little worn around the edges but appeals to some as we have friends who bought there many years before we bought at Waiohai and like the atmosphere which is a bit more lively than at Waiohai. The pupus on the veranda are an inexpensive when compared to eating out at a restaurant. You can make a meal out of them easily. We really enjoyed sitting on the veranda near the piano player while watching the rain from an evening storm.

We like the quieter atmosphere at Waohai and feel it is more family oriented. Villas are magnificent and with full kitchen, guest bedroom and bathroom along with in villa washer & dryer you have all the convieniece of home. Koloa town a quiet country village atmosphere as opposed to Lihue.

The restaurant at Waohai is just OK but we eat in a lot and have some favorite places within walking distance so not that big a deal.

No matter where you stay the fact that one can get anywhere on the island N, S, E or W in a relatively short time is a plus in my book. It's a small island but full of Aloha spirit. I also like the fact that there are no freeways and the maximum speed limit is 50 mph on county highways.

debbiebrown Platinum 6 Reviews

That all sounds like our story....stayed at the Beach Club...got a couple weeks then at the Waiohai! Love my Waiohai....and the gang at the Honu Bar....love them! We usually end up doing a stroll around the the Beach Club with our "guests"....have to do a trip to Duke's and then show the folks the BIG place.  I would not diss the Beach Club and its rooms. A totally different experience. More of a hotel experience with their nosomuchacondo experience. Some people like the big and the glitzy feel.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...