3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 24, 2014 11:33 AM by fschumpert RSS

Courtyard Paris Boulonge or Renaissance Paris Hippodrome de St Cloud

bedia Gold
Currently Being Moderated

My fiancée and I are heading to Paris mid November to get married. We are staying on pints at CE for 5 nights, but need to bok a book for two nights before we go to CE. I was thinking of going to Versailles and thought of the CPB or RPHSC bc they are cheaper and on the west side. Thoughts between the two. We do not plan to rent a car, but are not opposed. Also, other thoughts on tings to do on the west side of Paris. We will be landing in paris 11/20 and understand this is a wine festival day but unsure what this really means for a vacationer.

Also, any thoughts on how to get an upgraded room at CE since it will be wedding nt and honeymoon. We are eloping so just the two of us. Any other advice is welcomed since we have never been to Paris.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Paris, France
  • Re: Courtyard Paris Boulonge or Renaissance Paris Hippodrome de St Cloud
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

bedia,

Congratulations!

What a wonderful idea, and hope some us can make your honeymoon experience even better!

First, check out previous posts on Paris, and get all the finest in experiences from many MRI's!  It will save you time and money!

Secondly, you will enjoy the C-E, and you need to contact them directly, explain you situation and ask for an upgrade, if available.  You can call the Marriott "Hot-line" and they will arrange a "Three way call", do this during their business hours in Paris!

As far as your two hotel choices go, I am not familiar with them, but would strongly suggest The Renaissance at La Defense.  It is a very comfortable place and there is a lot to do in the area, and the transportation is second to none in Paris.

Likewise, buy a pass at CDG, and use the train to Versailles!  You will see many details on how to do all of this from previous posts!

Good luck, and again, Congratulations!  Share with us any pictures and wonderful stories of your Paris experience!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Welcome to the Marriott Rewards Insiders forum, bedia! I'm very excited to have you as part of our community, and glad to you see you've jumped in with a great post! Here is the Getting Started Guide , which has some great tips and advice on how to optimize your experience from within the site.

Secondly, congratulations on your engagement! That is so exciting, and Paris is such a beautiful city to get married in!

Below are a few previous threads that talk about some fun things to do in the city. There may be some ideas in here for you!

Paris Trip for New Years Advice

Re: Paris nightlife

Re: Paris, What Hotel?

Also,feel free to reach out to myself, The specified item was not found., KatieC , or NathalieF with any questions you have. We make up the moderation team for this site.

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

I'm not an expert on travel - entertainment in Paris, but have enjoyed our few trips/stays there in past years. Depending on time in November you plan to travel there, perhaps you'll have opportunity to enjoy the lighted Champs d' Elysees, as we did in the past -

Paris - Arc at Christmas.jpgMy suggestions would be:

1. If you're leaving out of CDG in morning, I'd recommend staying at the Marriott at the airport and take shuttle from hotel to the airport, rather than taking train, or taxi from the city. And, if you're leaving the city in the late afternoon, allow sufficient time for the outbound traffic is quite high.

2. Paris is a lovely place, especially for "honeymooners", but like many big cities, has its downside - one of these is that there are "gypsies", who prowl the streets, particularly around the upscale hotels and in nice clothing, and are seeking to rob you.

3. Regarding something to do, place to stay on east side of Paris, if you happen to be member of the MVC, or in case there might be an opening there, you might consider this: Bailly-Romainvilliers Resort | Marriott’s Village d’lle-de-France

4. * Be prepared for the high prices - especially for food - in Paris, even at sidewalk cafes. Eat a sandwich, or salad, at walk-up, sidewalk cafes, and save your money for a nice night time meal. Or, if you are awarded free breakfast at the hotel you're staying, eat it late (11:00 AM), and skip lunch. And, don't forget to eat some of these French delicacies.....

Holland & Paris 034.jpg

Bon Voyage!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...