11 Replies Latest reply: Oct 17, 2014 12:22 PM by barrpat RSS

Special Edition Marriott Credit cards for Lifetime Elite Member

prost Gold 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

First I have to admit that I just found out about the lifetime elite status, so this may already be something folks have suggested...  So with that said, I think it would be a nice to have special edition Marriott Credit cards that reflect our lifetime status.  I may be alone in this, but I appreciate those little things that help show you are a loyal member.

Honestly, it would be nice if they even put our current status above our rewards number.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Special Edition Marriott Credit cards for Lifetime Elite Member
    skiadcock Platinum 4 Reviews

Well you're welcome to suggest that to Chase Bank who issues the cards, but since the # of folk who are Lifetime isn't huge compared to the # of Marriott credit cards I'm not sure they'd implement it.

When you get to Lifetime status with Marriott your rewards card does say Lifetime (fill in the blank) with your Rewards # on it.

FWIW - I liked the previous Lifetime card where it said lifetime, had the # & a scene of a Marriott resort.  The new Lifetime card is just a boring gun metal gray.

Cheers.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

prost Gold 2 Reviews

I don't think I have ever received a lifetime card.  I'm 50 nights short of lifetime platinum, and am a platinum member.  I'm guessing it would only kick in once I cross the finish line, or if I lose my platinum status.

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

Well, maybe. I hit lifetime 2 or 3 years ago. Marriott has confirmed that. Doesn't reflect either on my account or on my card.

barrpat Platinum 7 Reviews

Your card should have the imprint "Platinum Premiere Elite". You get the card stamped "Lifetime" once your stays fall below the number of nights needed to earn the "Elite" status. 

prost Gold 2 Reviews

The credit card or the rewards card?  CC indicates nothing on the front, and just rewards number on the back.  The membership card just states Platinum Elite.    I'm just thinking that if you've earned lifetime, it should recognize that somewhere as well.  Don't get me wrong, I'd take the benefits over recognition all day long.  That said, I don't think it would hurt us to have that listed somewhere when we check in and ask for that upgrade.

barrpat Platinum 7 Reviews

Only on the Rewards card. Noting on the CC. You should be acknowledged for your loyalty at any point you have contact with any Marriott entity, but as I was informed those of you who are "Platinum Elites" have a notation on your information screen when you call or check in, and we poor "Platinum Premiere Elites" lose one of our earned levels of recognition due to line limitation on the computer display screen.

So,,,, this my help to explain why "PPEs" and "Life-Timers" are not given that lil extra earned welcome and sought upgrades in some case. These front desk clerks have no clue who we are and what these various levels are.

wally3433 Platinum 2 Reviews

I like this idea.  If Capital One can put a picture of my dog on my credit card, I am sure Chase could make this happen.

"THE SIGN IN PROCEDURE FOR THIS WEBSITE IS STUPID, JUST SAYIN"

jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews

sounds like an awesome idea and would totally love to see the aesthetics of the card, but i doubt chase would actually do something like that any time soon. Although with all the cards competing for the best rewards and perks and the feeling of exclusivity i believe there will be cards like such later on.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...