7 Replies Latest reply: Oct 17, 2014 2:35 PM by pluto77 RSS

Touropia - Web site with Travel Lists

erc Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

My across the pond, forum good pal sg1974 has inspired me with his articles about views (quizzes, Eiffel Tower, Dubai observation deck) so I checked one of my 'fun' travel web sites and sure enough it has a list of interesting skywalks (dedicated to IAHFLYR);

http://www.touropia.com/terrifying-skywalks/#at_pco=tst-1.0&at_si=544056f89c1c599e&at_ab=per-2&at_pos=1&at_tot=2

Here's the web site address   Touropia | Travel, Tours and Top Tens 

It has fascinating lists, often about the very topics we discuss on Insiders. Take a look and enjoy.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Touropia - Web site with Travel Lists
    sg1974 Gold

good stuff.

some beautiful views.

we enjoyed the ledge in Chicago.

It mentions you are not allowed to take cameras onto the Skywalk at the Grand Canyon.

Is this correct?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

erc Platinum

sg1974

The Grand Canyon Skywalk | Grand Canyon West

Nope (you can't bring cameras - they sell photos), nor can you bring your pet monkey. This (camera, although monkey owners are probably upset also) is one of the big beefs (along with the less vivid views of Grand Canyon West - not a national park) in the many reviews.

sg1974 Gold

Thanks.

It is clear now why no personal cameras are allowed:

Professional photos of you on the bridge are available for purchase after your walk.

we are off to the Grand Canyon at the end of the year and I was planning on just visiting the national park.

erc Platinum

That's probably the best decision. I was thinking of taking the gang to GC West from our Vegas trip, (much closer drive than the National Park, which as all know, is terrific) but there were too many 'issues' about GC West to make it worth the round trip drive (although no doubt, the Skywalk is pretty cool). We'll just return on a separate trip to the National Park and make a trip out of it, rather than a drive by.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Why thank you for the dedication.

erc Platinum

This way you can enjoy without the anxiety. I have no problems with heights, except when my kids were with me - man, the Hoover Dam gave me the willies watching guarding them.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Cool, thanks.

californian, click on top ten things to see in October (in erc's Touropia link) and scroll down to #5, Plitvice Lakes in Croatia.  Didn't know if you had previously read about it.  It looks pretty neat.  Nacionalni park "Plitvička jezera" • Home  The more I learn about Croatia, the more I would like to visit.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...