0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 23, 2012 5:39 PM by desertdragon RSS

Exciting St. Robert Missouri

desertdragon Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

My family and I left Monday morning from Los Angeles to attend our son's graduation from Ft. Leonard Wood in Missouri. From the moment we stepped off the plane in St. Louis until Wednesday morning it rained continuosly. It turns out we arrived in Missouri during the worst flood in 500 years. It figures. What a great place to spend Spring Break.

We spent the first night, using my Marriott Rewards Points, at the St. Louis Rennaisance near the airport so we could get a good night's rest before heading out for our 2 hour drive Tuesday to Fort Leonard Wood.

Luckily I found a Fairfield Inn, the only Marriott in the general vacinity, in St. Robert. Marriott points go a long way here.

The rain finally stopped Wednesday afternoon so the graduation ceremony on Thursday was a beautiful sunny day.

We are hoping that my son will get an off post pass this weekend so we can head to a larger city, like Springfield, where there is something to do. St. Robert is pretty boring and we have been to just about every restaurant here.

I have been impressed with the Mariott website reservation system because I have had to book and cancel many reward reservations because of my son's eratic schedule. It works perfectly and puts the reward points back in my bank automatically when I cancel and electronically sends my reservation certificates to the hotel, even on the same day. I really believe Marriott has the overall best reward redemtion program around.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...