13 Replies Latest reply: Oct 16, 2014 7:18 PM by pluto77 RSS

Highest observation deck open

sg1974 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

It is open, but it comes at a high price!

I like to visit observation decks around the world, but this price seems a bit excessive.

would you be willing to pay the price?

The world's highest observation deck opens in Dubai - Telegraph

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Dubai, UAE
  • Re: Highest observation deck open
    erc Platinum

Cool man (let bejacob have his county cards, IAHFLYR his Scrub Island massages, kharada46 his musubi, and jerrycoin his 'medicinals', to me, it's all about the view, especially with a brew!).

If I ever dragged my fanny to Dubai, I'd drop $110 in a heartbeat to hang there (I'd cut back on a meal, by eating a super large breakfast, mmm waffles, and wave at Mrs. Erc on the ground, who wouldn't be allowed to go, due to the price; shhh, don't tell her, she'd kick that aforementioned fanny ).

Good stuff, thanks for sharing.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Hahahaha... I spluttered my coffee all over my iPad when I read that erc.

The UK and USA, two countries seperated by a common language!

In the UK "fanny" is slang term for a woman's "ladygarden"

erc Platinum

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

erc,

Like Dean Martin, I would "Drink to that"!

But Dubai, has little interest to me!  I cannot take the "Heights" either!  Would rather go on The London Eye, or "Shard" first, and have never done those.

Thanks for all the information, sguy1976!

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Being one who does not like heights other than in an airplane I'll give way to my geezerhood colleague erc so you can take Mrs. Erc up there.......I didn't even like looking out of the tower windows to the ground at work.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

I would absolutely shell out for the view.  Not doing so (at least for me) would be akin to visiting Venice and never taking a gondola ride.  The only reason why I didn't do so when I was in Dubai was because 1) I was only there for three days and 2) I tried to get tickets about three weeks prior and they were already booked (sigh).  The entire complex, with the Burj Khalifa, Dubai Mall, Aquarium, lake, hotels and restaurants and the fabulous Dubai Fountain is nothing short of amazing.  And there's so, so much more.  Abu Dhabi and Dubai really are a couple of neat places to experience.  If I could afford to, I would definitely go back, and making certain I had those observation deck tickets.

Also curious, the website lists the ticket prices at only AED300.  Burj Khalifa

sg1974 Gold

It does look like 300 dirhams to the top on the website.

perhaps some journalist didn't do his homework?

erc no need to skip the meal or leave the wife behind!

erc Platinum

pluto77, the due diligence queen - wtg.

I was teasing about skipping the meal .

Hey, speaking of Dubai, NathalieF owes us some photos.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Flying to Asia from the UK, both Emirates and Etihad have attractive stopover fares enabling this en-route, as well as Dubai being a destination in itself, stayed there for a week 5 years ago at the old JW, on points following the collapse of the £... I'd definitely go again.

Personally, Arab countries are my favourite destination, the call to prayer from the mosques and the undeniably different culture together wiith my personal fascination in Islamic history makes all my trips to the region extra special...

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

It's also true that it doesn't cost that much extra in airfare to sneak off down there from Europe.  Then all one needs is to capture some good hotel deals and green fees during the winter months when the Arabian termperatures are bearable.

Of course then you'd have to pack your snow jacket for Europe and your shorts and t-shirts for the desert (unless you plan on visiting a mosque).  I'm thinking Christmas in Europe and New Year's in Dubai...  Now we're talkin!

February in Germany...

DSC02901.JPG

February in Dubai...

IMG_0071c.jpg

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Thanks for sharing sg1974! And wow, I don't really feel like I was truly "At the Top" anymore!

burj2.jpg

The views were still pretty great from the 124th floor though!

burj3.jpg

burj1.jpg

I do owe you some more photos, coming soon erc!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...