0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 23, 2012 5:39 PM by flygal RSS

Times Square On New Years!

flygal Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I can Honestly say that I have been in New York and watched the ball drop in Times Square.  I can also say that I stayed in Times Square on New Years Eve.  But I ended up watching the ball drop from my Hotel Room on TV. There was NO WAY that I could see the ball drop live.  There were so many people and it was so crowded that unless you left at 3:00 in the afternoon on New Years eve to stake you claim on a spot to see the ball drop and STAY THERE.  You would not have been able to see it live.

So Folks if you are planning a trip to Times Square on New Years Eve, get your room 8 to 9 months a head of time.  If your gaol is to see the ball drop, make sure you get with in eye distance of the ball by 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm.  If you plan on drinking, be prepared to look long and hard for a place to use a restroom AND bring LOTS of cash if you do.  You will be expected to pay!!

I'm glad that I did it, but I won't go again.  I need to go to New York in the Spring when the fashions are new and the attitudes are sweet.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...