4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 13, 2014 4:00 PM by erc RSS

Categories for free nights?

platinummemba Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Is anyone having difficulty on Marriott's website accessing which hotels are in which category on the "convert points to free nights" page? When I go to browse locations and hotel categories, all I get is that they are having technical difficulties and to try again soon...

Anyone else having this issue?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Categories for free nights?
    erc Platinum

Yes, it's apparently another 'gift' from the Marriott outsourced I.T. department

Fix the hotel category listings error for crikey's sake!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

skiadcock Platinum 4 Reviews

I started a thread on it in Other Topics about a week ago, as the problem has existed for 7 weeks.  Which, quite frankly, is embarrassing for a corporation of Marriott's size & resources.  This is not an enhancement we're asking for; it's a feature that worked properly for years on the website & stopped working 7 weeks ago.  I was told it was being passed along, but obviously Marriott IT didn't get the message to fix the problem.  Shame on Marriott.

Cheers.

skiadcock Platinum 4 Reviews

So, the last time we know this was working was August 19th.  It's now October 13th but Marriott IT still hasn't fixed the problem.  Ridiculous.

erc Platinum

Don't hold your breath gang. This is the same I.T. dept. that boasted of adding the ability to click on more than one brand at a time when searching Categories. Of course, you must click on Ren, wait until it enters the screen, then click on Marriott, wait until it enters the screen, then click on Autograph, wait until it enters the screen ETC ETC ETC rather than being able to click on all of them at once.

Until (if) they repair the system, I still go to Hotel Directory on Advance Search and click the Category by brand (keeping my number to two or less screens of 40) and find what I want - but of course, I'm looking for best property, rather than geography. I just finished that exercise with Cat. 7's in case I have to replace my Ghent Marriott deal (Napa Valley, Portland, or Minneapolis Marriott or LA Live, Manhattan Central Park, Chicago River North or Austin Res. Inn here I come).

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...