3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 10, 2014 10:03 AM by brightlybob RSS

Transfering Marriott points to Emirates Airline miles

AAhouSL Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I have 280k Marriott points.  Can I transfer one-to-one miles to Emirates Airline miles?

Thanks for any help!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Transfering Marriott points to Emirates Airline miles
    lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Welcome to the Marriott Rewards Insiders forum, AAhouSL! Glad to have you aboard, and am happy to see you jumping in with a great question. Here is a link to our Getting Started Guide, which may come in handy as you get familiar with the site.

I'm going to look into the question you pose here, and will get in touch with you once I learn more!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi AAhouSL,

Below is a chart that shows the points-to-miles conversion for Emirates. I've also included a link to the page as well, in case you'd like to explore it further. Hope this helps! Let me know if I can assist with anything else!

Marriott International | Our Partners | Emirates Skywards

Marriott Rewards PointsSkywards Miles

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

I'm afraid 1-to-1 point-to-miles transfers from Marriott to Emirates isn't possible, but a better nominal rate is possible using travel package redemption, and if you're determined on this course, even a better actual result than the direct exchange so far suggested

WIth travel packages you redeem a shedload of points for a 7-night hotel certificate and airline miles, the cost being dependent on the category of hotel cert chosen and number of miles required. If we go for a Cat8 travel package, the value of the 7-day hotel certificate is 240,000 points. You can then choose to spend 50,000MR for 35,000 Emirates miles (EM) or 70,000MR for 50,000EM, 85,000 MR for 70,000EM or 100,000MR for 85,000EM, a much better rate.

Hence redeeming 340,000 points gives you 7 nights at a cat8 hotel plus 85,000 miles transferred to Emirates.

Or another way of looking at it is that for 125,000MR you can get 35,000EM, but pay double, 250,000MR for a cat5 travel package and you'll get double the miles (70,000EM) and a 7-night cat5 cert effectively free!

Applying the facts to your budget of 280,000MR you can either do the straight exchange of 250kMR for 70kEM, plus another 7k miles with your last 30kMR, thus getting 77,000 Emirates miles for your 280,000 MR points, or go for a Cat1-5 Travel Package which for the same 280,000 points will gain 85,000 Emirates Miles AND a 7-night Cat1-5 certificate.

Finally, if your penchant is for BA, Virgin, Delta, USAirways or a few others you can via travel packages exchange at 1:1, and if UA, actually slightly better.

Happy travels (packages) 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...