3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 8, 2014 1:41 PM by jerrycoin RSS

London Shopping, Harrods!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

If you have similar experiences at Harrrods, please share!

This last week, doing my Christmas Shopping, (It's done"), I am always amazed  at this place.

Do not go on week-ends or holiday's, if you can, but this place can be most interesting.

The items you can purchase are amazing, such as:

SANY0354.JPG

A Waterford replica of Buckingham Palace for a mere 12,500 GBP!  A gift for everyone?

SANY0357.JPG

Let's enjoy a pizza, per our Honolulu friend, KH B732 @ HNL, for a mere $150 you can enjoy a pizza!  Eat up Kyl

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom Marriott Hotels & Resorts London Marriott Hotel County Hall
  • Re: London Shopping, Harrods!
    brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Yeah, Harrods, baby!

It's the UKs poshest store and is definitely worth a look when visiting London. The food court is magnificent, not only the food but also the tiling and ceilings.

Harrods offers soooo much stuff over about 10 floors, from designer clothing to bedroom furniture via children's toys, holidays, perfumes, and so much more, at a variety of price points between surprisingly ordinary to totally insane! I'm no shopper but if I'm in Knightsbridge on a weekday and I've got an hour or so to spare, I'll pop in just to look around the place.

It should be on anyone's list when visiting London, and the foods great, most of it is not £100 pizzas!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tommo781 Silver 8 Reviews

Quite agree brightlybob.  I love Harrods, but rarely buy much there, except in the Food Hall, which I find irrestible.

Also, a few years ago we wanted to replace our ancient dinner service as several pieces had succombed over the years.  We liked a particular Wedgewood service, and wanted 12 of all the plates, cups, saucers etc, as well as serving dishes.  Nowhere locally had the amount in stock, but would order it.  I phoned Harrods.  They had the lot, at the same price as locally, and, as it cost quite a lot, delivered it free of charge within 2 days.  Mind you it took us hours to unwrap.  Every piece was so well wrapped we had a mountain of bubble wrap.  You do get service from Harrods.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

brightlybob and Tommo781,

You are so right!  What a place!  Here are a couple photo's you may enjoy!

IMG_3218.JPG

It doesn't get any better than this.  One thing, note the "Bag hooks", so people cannot walk off with your items.  Did not use them here, but it has happened to others.  Still a great place!

IMG_2180.jpg

The tribute to Princess Diana and Dodi is special!  Don't miss it on the lower floor!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...