3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 1, 2014 2:51 AM by brightlybob RSS

Marriott Concierge Lounge on a Package Tour

bayareabob Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

In January I posted a query concerning whether my wife and I would have access to concierge lounges in full service Marriotts when we traveled as part of a package tour.  I am current and lifetime Platinum with Marriott.  Some responders thought it was a good question as they too were traveling as part of a tour and a Marriott Hotel was part of their package.  The best advice was to let the front desk know on check-in and "see what happens".  We stayed at the Beijing Marriott Hotel City Wall and the Renaissance Shanghai Yu Garden in September.  In both instances I was immediately offered a Platinum welcome gift and assured that I would have access to the concierge lounges.  Both were worth the effort.  A quiet place to have a glass of wine or a plate of desert before retiring.  In addition, the Shanghai Renaissance upgraded our room to a suite.  Our room had a spectacular nighttime view of the Bund.  A memorable trip made even more special by the staff at the Beijing and Shanghai Marriotts.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Concierge Lounge on a Package Tour
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Thanks for the follow up, bayareabob.  I figured you'd get the bennies even with the package tour. I've found all the Asian Marriott hotels treat Platinums extremely well.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I was on a package tour in the Netherlands and was given lounge access and free internet.  I am Platinum and LP as well. The nights didn't count and I didn't get points.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

If a package tour includes a stay at a Marriott then effectively that hotel has been booked via a 3rd party agent. Although not a qualifying stay for either points or nights, if a gold/plat member shows their card or proves their status the hotel should grant elite benefits.

This counts for presents too. My sister gave me a voucher for a weekend b&b stay at the Paris Rive Gauche hotel. Upon arrival I advised them of my gold status and was upgraded to a concierge level room and given access to the exec lounge and free internet.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...