24 Replies Latest reply: Oct 1, 2014 11:32 AM by pluto77 RSS

Where am I and what is this in my Marriott room?

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

It's game time!!!  I'm out and about this week. This Marriott property is very unique. I'll add a picture every once in a while until someone can identify the property and this item in my room.

IMG_0208.JPG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Stone Mountain, Georgia, USA Marriott Conference Centers Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort
Stone Mountain, Georgia, USA Marriott Conference Centers Stone Mountain Inn
  • Re: Where am I and what is this in my Marriott room?
    barrpat Platinum 7 Reviews

It is some type of old heating/air exchange unit?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

barrpat...it is something like that...The picture is upside down to throw you off .... Imagine standing in a dressing area adjacent to the water closet. This area is about 10 feet long with a nice tabletop with sink. To your left, about knee high, you'll see this item. It appears to be an early version of a space heater.

Now, the picture has been identified, the property is obviously not a new build....where oh where am I?

IMG_0193[1].JPG

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Pained

I have seen many of these, all in the north part of the country.  No idea where you are…..

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

I'm stumped...

Frogs Platinum 9 Reviews

Stone Mountain Inn??

barrpat Platinum 7 Reviews

Evergreen?

Just around the corner...or should I say, the Stone Mountain, from Evergreen, barrpat. The good news is, the Stone Mountain Inn is not serving breakfast, so I received coupons for Evergreen...therefore you're also a winner joining pluto77 and Frogs...All three win the Inspector Clouseau Award...cue the Pink panther music..

Frogs Platinum 9 Reviews

I wish I could say I have stayed there but sadly not.  It was just plain ol' investigation on my part ... searching all of the Marriott properties in Georgia until I located pictures that matched what you had described and others had shared.  Did you know that there are 125 Marriott properties in Georgia?  Now you do! 

Your picture with the rocking chairs was the final clue that led me to your location .. I saw them in the pictures of the property.  Sadly pluto77 beat me to it while I methodically searched and compared what you provided and what I was seeing.  It was after I made my proud post that I noticed that she beat me to it!

Sad to say that I really didn't have the time to do this 'research'!  It was a diversion from a mundane day at work.  Thank you for the challenge!  It was fun!

It is a very interesting property and area... If I can muster up the motivation, I'll add a blog post with all the details.

Hey Frogs, did you notice the giant chess pieces in the picture above? If so, was that a searchable item?

Frogs Platinum 9 Reviews

Oh, didn't catch those!  Don't remember if they were in any of their pictures or not.  I guess I should have looked more closely to your photos .. all I saw were the pretty flowers!

I forgot to mention...one of the prizes for our three winners is accommodations under erc 's carport upon his next OBX adventure. You won't actually have indoor plumbing privileges, but there is an outdoor shower and full use of the inground charcoal grill.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...