11 Replies Latest reply: Sep 30, 2014 12:37 PM by taxman193 RSS

Speaking of annoying.  Marriott Website login.

wally3433 Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

The login for the regular Marriott website does not remember your password, even if you select "Remember Me"

Then I go to this website, and even though I am logged into the regular Marriott website, I have to click on "Login" above, then it takes me back to the Marriott site to login yet again.  Then, I have to return to this Insiders site and start all over, where it magically signs me it.

ARGGGGGGGHHHHH!

I hope this is my only problem today - if so, it will be a good day.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Speaking of annoying.  Marriott Website login.
    skiadcock Platinum 4 Reviews

I feel your pain.  Also one of the things I hate is when I get an email notification, click on the link for the discussion, and it makes me log in again even if I had been on the site a few minutes before.

Cheers.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ktmermaid55 Gold

You are not alone my friend......  It drives me crazy!!!  I thought it was just me...    Maybe Marriott needs a new CIO that can develop a more encompassing strategy.

Keep smiling.....

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

This is one of the things that I have been complaining about.  We USED to be able to click on a button that took us to MIs and we were logged in.  This is one of the reasons that I don't participate as much.  It is a pain to get through.  Count the mouse clicks and I get more irritated with each on  I had to create a new e-mail address because it wouldn't work with my old and now there are problems when I use IE10.  To copy a link, I must use a different browser. These are just a few.  The websites are not kept up as others are.

taxman193 Platinum 11 Reviews

And while your at it, add the mobile site which is even more annoying. Press the button that says keep me logged in and it does not matter. After a couple of times you will once again have to re-enter your user and password.

Not to mention what every happened to the mobile check-in? For awhile I was receiving notifications and allowed to check-in ahead of time from my cell phone for a lot of different hotels. I have not received a mobile check-in option for the last 10 hotels I stayed at. To bad...another nice idea lost in space.

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

One of the problems with MRI WEB site development is that the site designers don't use the site with the frequency that the MRI's do. 

flyingtwig Gold 6 Reviews

Totally agree, all very frustrating when it should be seamlessly linked together. I understand that Jive is a separate piece of software for the MRI site but couldn't it be configured to use the login session from the Marriott website automatically?

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

I Think its always been this way, but agree with you, there must be a better way.

Certainly, the techies that design this stuff just don't use it, I suspect they don't appreciate the inconvenience their programming shortcuts (that leave the customer with clicking longcuts) represent. As a result I sometimes just don't bother, theres no such thing as a quick reply here if you're not logged in!

AS a matter of interest, I was asked to participate in a website survey, and at the bottom was asked for any other comments, so I added the following...

For the display of pricing following a search, see IHG, they quote the average cost per night over the stay. Marriott only displays the price of the cheapest night during the stay, which always means time wasted checking what the real cost per stay is.

Stop the juddering that occurs as the page loads. It's so random and the hotel I select often due to a last second loading jolt means I end up seeing the wrong details. More than once I've ended up booking the wrong hotel due to this. Again the IHG site doesn't do this.

I do however much prefer the Marriott setup of each hotels pages than IHG, and the Marriott Rewards pages are well presented BUT the option to display all reservations or account transactions leads to only 5 being displayed, and requires more clicks to get more info. At least double this to a default of 10 when "see more reservations" (or account activities) is clicked.

I might have added more, but that's 900 characters and the maximum was 1000!

Any comments or other suggestions?

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

It has not.  We complained when they just showed us a few reservations after being able to see all.  It took a while but we got it back and then they did it again.  Short memory.  I think they should just show all like they did at one time.  No clicks to get there.

ltn1delsol Platinum 59 Reviews

We've only been in the Marriott family for 6 years or so and have seen much improvement to the web-site & mobile app however they've still got a long way to go. Wish we could pull up reservations on the mobile as easy as with my airlines. would love to have ability to add to passbook also.

taxman193 Platinum 11 Reviews

ltn1delsol You can pull up your reservations on the mobile site. As long as you are logged in, there is option to see all your reservations. Unless you just mean it is not as easy as some of the airline sites?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...