15 Replies Latest reply: Oct 3, 2014 8:50 PM by jasper100 RSS

Quite a View.....Wonder Where?

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Can you identify the location? Last week I hopped in the Avis rental and headed to a new town, for me.

image.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Lake George, New York, USA
  • Re: Quite a View.....Wonder Where?
    shashack Platinum 4 Reviews

I am going to guess Lake Tahoe but my gut tells me that this may be in the North East.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

It reminds me of my trip into upstate NY earlier this year.

OOH... It is upstate NY, bejacob.   How about the town?  Here's a clue

image.jpg

Lake George, perhaps?

I stopped there as it used to be the county seat for Warren County, NY. It moved to Queensbury 1963, but I took a photo of the old courthouse in Lake George (I'll see if I can find it).

Yes! Lake George, NY.  Winner!

Do my county collecting trips give me an unfair advantage?

Here's the picture I took in June of the old Warren County Courthouse. I had a few photos of the lake, but it looks like my memory card is corrupted and I didn't save them elsewhere .

Lake George courthouse.jpg

I'm not sure what this building houses these days, but it was just a block from the lake. Lake George looks like a nice town in which to stay, though the closest Marriott property is in Saratoga Springs 20some miles away. I expect to be back in this area just over a year from now.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Beautiful!

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I would not have able to guess but know it is not Lake Tahoe.  I always enjoy nice pictures.  Thanks for posting.

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

You put Lake Geprge in the location on your original post, pained! 

Thanks newhilton..lol...actually, I only had USA for awhile and then added Lake George after bejacob guessed correctly...

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Great pictures of upper New York!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...