16 Replies Latest reply: Oct 5, 2014 8:50 PM by dejamo RSS

Same ol', same ol'; everything old is new again; etc etc

erc Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Being gone for a few weeks, I checked into Insiders and with the exception of missing the camaraderie of the regulars, I realized I hadn't really missed anything with regards to The Greater Team's execution of the Marriott Rewards program;

Web site sign in continued providing headaches
Bonus points continued requiring follow up for credit
Plats continued needing to ask for upgrades
Misterchk along w/Insiders, continued not being listened to
Lifetime points posting continued being a mystery
and our newest 'enhancement' (to go along with along matrix pitas)
The floating pop up pillow continued being an irritant to customers wanting to reserve rooms

The last item really drove home a point to me - Marriott Rewards irritates us, we actively complain, Marriott occasionally removes the irritant, and we feel like we've accomplished something. I'm also cognizant of the reality that in spite of these avoidable customer service flaws, Marriott continues to rack up Loyalty Program awards and record setting financial results (which pleases all us shareholders), so I don't fool myself into thinking Marriott is crying crocodile tears of concern over our suggestions not generating responses.

My last two Full Service reservations came without a virtual concierge, this combined with the web site 45 character request box (which does not receive a response) along with the growing trend of more and more properties using titles instead of names on their social media interaction like TripAdvisor, makes it harder and harder to interact with a property prior to check in. Coming off a superb VRBO week in the Outer Banks NC (6 BR, pool, hot tub, elevator, grills, pool table, foosball, air hockey, six tv's etc etc, two easy blocks from beach at $1,500 divided by three families) and then another fine stay at a TravelZoo deal, I continue to adjust my travel plans reflecting a lesser addiction to the Marriott brand (and I am confident AirBnB with their enormous capital base, will eventually grow to be another, more exotic, VRBO) and therefore intend to spend less time barking at the wall known as Marriott Rewards and invest that time in getting to know the property personnel (pluto if you want the Mayflower contact, let me know).

Insiders remains for me, a superb travel maximizing tool. I will continue sharing travel experiences (Next; Ventura Marriott/Oxnard Res Inn and no doubt Oprah's Santa Barbara house, unless she's home ) out of gratitude for the ideas and info provided me, resulting in many terrific travel experiences, but good pals, please feel free to remind me, "hey chowderhead, you said you weren't going to rabble rouse any more" if I waste any more time, better invested on customizing my future Marriott stays. As kharada would say, "arrivederci"; or is that profchiara? I've been away for awhile playing poker and like the Coneheads (look it up joshm), consuming mass quantities .

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Oxnard, California, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Oxnard River Ridge
  • Re: Same ol', same ol'; everything old is new again; etc etc
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Welcome back. The site is less exciting when you're not around.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

erc Platinum

1) Thanks bejacob. Be sure to keep me posted on the November get together

2) I need to enter a Rabble Rouser 12 Step Program (see below)

I know, I know, I promised to avoid rabble rousing or grousing - but I just can't help myself (feel free to scold me). I'm not kidding, two hours after my post, I received the following e-mail from my pals at Rewards Intergalactic

We miss you. Please tell us your thoughts.

Dear Erc (name changed to protect the chowderhead)

We notice you haven't been staying with us as frequently as you used to, and we're curious why.

As a Platinum member of the Marriott Rewards® program, we value your business and opinion, and wonder if there's anything we can do to better meet your needs.

By taking a few minutes to fill out our brief survey about your Marriott® experiences, you'll help us better serve you in the future.

SURVEY   

Thank you,
        The Marriott Rewards Team

Question 1 - Have you stayed less due to A) circumstances beyond your control or B) a dissatisfaction
           I answered B which then lead me to

Question 2 - Was your dissatisfaction caused by
      A) a problem at a specific hotel
      B) a problem at multiple hotels
      C) a problem with the Rewards program
      Noting there wasn't an answer for 'a problem with The Greater Team'  I answered C
      which then lead me to (questions didn't pop up until answers were given)

Question 3 - Did you report your dissatisfaction?
      I answered Yes which lead me to

Question 4 - What was your complaint and was it resolved?
      I answered,  Pricing on web site often disingenuous at best, deceitful at worst - No, it continues to this day which lead to

Thank you for your input. We will use your feedback to better serve you.

You can't make this stuff up!
      No doubt, Marriott will win another award for their customer communication.
      Keep on keepin' on Insiders.

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

Welcome back erc!  Things were definitely quite around here without the MRI Rabble Rouser!  Glad to hear that you have had good luck with VRBO.  I'm thinking of renting a house listed on VRBO sometime for a future visit to CA.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

erc,

Welcome back!

You are in for a great trip to California.  While the Oxnard RI, is very quiet and a good value, you will be able to easily enjoy any of these places due to the location:

Santa Barbara

Ventura

Malibu

Reagan Museum

Solvang

Hollywood/Beverly Hills

The Channel Islands and more.

Give yourself extra time to just stop at "Random" places to enjoy the local culture.  One place, between the hotel and Ventura Beach was wonderful for getting some snacks to take back to the hotel.  This time of year, there are pumpkins for about as far as one can see!

IMG_3373.JPG

A & F Country Market, a lot of fun!

IMG_3375.JPG

Pumpkins in all directions!

Happy Halloween!

Location Brand Hotel
    Oxnard, California, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Oxnard River Ridge
      pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

I will be in Oxnard later this month (is it October already?!) and Cali and I are trying to put together a Reagan Library trip in a couple of months.  Where exactly are these places in your photos?  (And nice photos!)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Pluto,

This farm is located just off the Iinterstate, between Oxnard and Ventura Marina.  Easy place to find and Ventura Marina is a wonderful place to experience.  Go for the Channel Island tour if you can, from there!

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Welcome back erc. I'm also a member of Flyrertalk and I agree, the same old issues keep on arising, for each one resolved we seem to find 2 issues to replace them, though I agree the website pricing is very annoying. I was recently randomly selected for a survey whilst on Marriott.com and took the opportunity to mention that issue, comparing it unfavourably with my backup group, IHG, where the website displays the average nightly rate, a much more honest, and time-saving approach.

Hope to see more words of wisdom from you, don't be a stranger!

sg1974 Gold

I agree the pricing is irritating and should be in line with competitors such as IHG.

The rate displayed should be the average per night for the length of the stay.

there is no point in displaying the nightly rate, then having the some nights of the stay potentially twice that figure!

erc Platinum

Unless the point is to have harried, in a hurry, road warriors to either accidentally or reluctantly just click on the higher rate due to 'search fatigue'.

foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

"...intend to spend less time barking at the wall known as Marriott Rewards..."

A hush fell over the crowd. Finally, a young fan stepped forward: "Say it ain't so, Joe." 

Nothin' more lifeless than un-roused rabble. Welcome back.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

erc

What's the deal with the floating "close now to continue" message that seems to follow my pointer up and doown the page?

Hey I want to hear about your SoCal trip.  I'll be there for business in Feb and my wife will joing me for a few days after business is done.  Enjoy yourself.

skiadcock Platinum 4 Reviews

Well you basically covered it all.  Lots of irritants, lots of we're passing along your feedback, lots of nothing being done, or worse enhancements which make it worse...

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

The great Bob Dylan.....".the only thing I knew how to do was keep on keepin on."

dejamo Platinum

th.jpg

Trying to rouse rabbles again I see erckipoo..................................Time for you to come drink a different flavored koolaid !

Come to the DARK SIDE !

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Oh, go on dejamo, I'll bite...

HHonors!

dejamo Platinum

I have another lover besides HHonors,  beebob !

Since SPG teamed up with my beloved Deliver Every Living Thing through Atlanta (AKA - "DELTA")..........I find the miles bonus, perks, and Credit Card have some great deals....I even like some of their hotels........they have yet to treat me wrong..............even in Hong Kong. I know, I know,   Iwas shocked as well !

Looks like I might be called a two timer by Hilton...............but hey.......as a Delta DM,  I cant beat the Delta/SPG perks (while they last, that is).   

I just know that the Delta Mothership will be sending all of us loyal customers another "enhancement" before Skymiles 2015 kicks in................(cant wait to see that one).............maybe they will install "Bistros" in all of the Delta Metal ?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...