41 Replies Latest reply: Nov 13, 2014 5:39 PM by lhorn RSS

Is the PointsPlus program still going on?

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hi all!

I've been off the grid the last few weeks while we moved cross country.  I finally had a chance to look in detail at my account today and noticed zilch PointsPlus activity for the last 2 months.  Just wondering if  this program is still in effect?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Is the PointsPlus program still going on?
    lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Welcome back, muppetwrangler, Hope moving went smoothly! Yes! Registered members have until November 8th to earn points through PlusPoints. Below is a link to the website, in case you need it. Please let me know if you have any questions, or if there's anything I can help with.

Marriott Rewards - Plus Points   

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

That begs the obvious question: What happens after November 8th?

I'm curious, but as I have never signed up for Plus Points, my interest is merely academic.

Maybe they'll give all of us who signed up bonus points..for all the pain and suffering this promotion has caused us!

jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews

it be great if they just kept that going or have something similar.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Ditto bejacob I'm not sure polluting my Facebook homepage, or whatever its called with disingenuous likes for some FFI by the side of some freeway, next to an industrial estate and a heavily-polluted river is something my carefully chosen (ie small) group of friends would consider particularly useful. Or genuine. Hopefully Marriott might decide to allocate the points towards a promotion I can participate in honestly...

Thanks, I used the 'check-in' feature on facebook for every hotel stay we did, but never received the points.  Unfortunately, this has been ongoing for me...having to contact customer care because my points never show up in my account. 

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Oh no, sorry to hear that, muppetwrangler! That sounds frustrating. Please let me know if you'd like me to help get someone in contact with you. I'm happy to help!

lhorn Gold 4 Reviews

That's because only certain hotels participated in the points promotion.  So unless you checked in at a participating hotel you didn't qualify for points!

bt33 Member

I I signed up yesterday and linked Facebook and Twitter. I followed four of the qualifying properties on Twitter but did not get the email telling me to follow them for 7 days to get points. I also retweeted with the correct hashtag but didn't get any points. I contacted Customer Service but the rep just read me the rules. How can I confirm that the program is working as it should?

jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews

Hashtags are working fine for me just do 3 separate tweets like "#MRpoints I love #AutographHotels" "#MRpoints #RenHotels are great! " "#MRpoints #lovemarriottrewards thank you for the points! " And you should receive 75pnts a couple hours after. Although ive noticed if you do then right after another I only receive credit for 1or2 so I try to space them out a couple minutes appart.  I don't do instagram #s unless im actually took a picture at a property or something cus I don't want to spam my instagram lol

Totally lost by this post, Really, just lost... Can erc, bejacob, or Tommo781 explain in "geezer-speak" please.

And no, jm1991, I'm well aware you know, I want to see if they know... Or care

tommo781 Silver 8 Reviews

Sorry brightlybob.  Don't understand a word of it either.  A generation thing I think, and I am quite happy with the generation I am inhabiting!!

In "geezer speak", it's all Greek to me. 

Having not joined the world of Twitter, I can't help either. I do know that the # symbol (which we in the US used to call the pound sign) is referred to these days as a hash tag and will link to specific discussions on the topic defined by said hashtag (i.e. #MRpoints).

Beyond that I'm about as lost as you. And just like that my generation, too, has lost any semblance of cool it once had.

Beyond the lure of earning points, I'm not sure why someone wants to tweet about the totally awesomeness of Marriott Rewards when we have the lovely online forum called Marriott Insiders.

I'll stick with this site because I just can't say anything important in 140 or fewer characters (wait how many is that now? I just I went o  

(message truncated at 140 characters and yes, I counted)

Wahey fellow geezer, you showed some comprehension of what a hashtag is. Like you I understand that if you go to Twitter and type #marriott you'll get a list of all posts (140 characters or less) who have posted using that hashtag, though I still can't see why on earth anyone would go to Twitter and the "#MarriottAreFantasicAndYouShouldStayLots" or whatever it is and see loads of posts by people paid 25 points a time to spam that (25!!!! Eh?? talk about "many a mickle makes a muckle", do that "only" 300 times and you can stay at the FFI Gadsden AL!!!). What's the point? ITS not as if its an honestly spontaneous communication, or am I missing something?

Unfortunately, your knowledge of hashtags does reduce your GeezerGrade to a C...

Good for me. I'm not ready to reach the most excellent geezer status to which a few Insiders have laid claim.

I'm content with a marginal passing grade at this point. Give me a few more years of careful study and I'll be up there with the best of them.

I will admit the signs of impending geezerhood are starting to show up. Technology is passing me by and I'm getting my first pair of bifocals next week. If I get them tinted maybe I can still look cool.

Impending geezerhood? Impending?

C Is a pass, you are a proper geezer, though obviously tinted bifocals could raise you to B-, provided you promise to feign ignorance concerning hashtags in future...

Hmm... Hash tags do sound like something one might find listing prices in a Colorado dispensary.

BTW, I opted for no tinting on my bifocals. I was hoping to put off geezerhood until I turned 50, but I guess there's no hope for me now. It's time I join the party. erc and IAHFLYR can rejoice. I just lost my train of thought so now I don't even have to feign ignorance. And I still don't understand Twitterspeak. Life is good.

erc Platinum

brightlybob

jm, our teammate who contributes weekly to our education about who Arne is pursuing;

http://www.linkedin.com/today/post/article/20140325110517-239587237-state-of-hospitality-ask-the-next-gen-traveler?trk=mp-reader-card

receives points by jumping on that fancy Twitter machine of his  

and tweeting like a canary how much he loves him some   Marriott brands. For each of those exclamations he gets     25 25 Points EarnedMarriott Rewards points, often posted to his

account within a few hours, unless of course the snafu clause    of the mighty Marriott I.T.team kicks in and then they may appear at his 30th Wedding Anniversary or never at all.

JM has learned that if he taxes the Marriott Gateway mainframe by exclaiming his love too rapidly he will be penalized at least half of his reward for being too 'frisky', so he goes along to get along, and paces them out at an abacus pace for the Marriott I.T. team to manually count and post to his account (again, unless it falls under

the snafu clause, which is part of the Voodoo that they do so well).

JM does not bother with posting photos, unless he's actually at the property, for the same reason you're not involved, he doesn't want his pals to get angry at him for posting insincere b.s.

All players are limited to 2,000 points per month and the program ran for 6 months for a total of 12k points, essentially a Cat. 2 stay. I say more power to all who want to participate.

I myself, being a overfed, long haired, leaping gnome of an old fart   would rather spend the time finding a $200 room like the Niagara Falls CY for $79,     but to each their own.

Did I pass? (if so, perhaps I can have a badge, which is a completely different story )

jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews

wow you hit all the points A+ plus extra credit for the visuals. #thumbsup

Ooooer, erc way to much interwebthingy knowledge there for any geezer, sorry about this but..

GeezerGrade E+

(Ok, so a plus on an E aint worth 25interwebthingypoints but you gotta have something for the pretty pictures)

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

You rang the bell on this one erc.  A classic!

erc nailed it proper, bpelican

A+ for observational  literary content!

(Still an E for Geezerness, though!)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I'll gladly take an A+ for my geezerhood status!

tommo781 Silver 8 Reviews

Whoa there!  I am the original A Geezergrade.  If brightlybob promotes you over me, I will really be offended.

erc Platinum

brightlybob

See what you've gotten yourself into? You yielding to that harsh IAH Flashperks rebuke (which still stings)

has brought the highly talented barrister (billable hours while in the loo ) Insider Karma.

I'll have you know, I've devised some of my most inspiring legal manoeuvres during the course of my daily bowel movement...

erc Platinum

Ok, we're now even for my nursing home bedsores image

erc Platinum

Being credited with having next gen skills by the likes of brightlybob IAHFLYR Tommo781 and bejacob is like being called the tallest dwarf in the room.

Someone help bt33 get his 25 points, if they can. bt, you may find it difficult navigating the labyrinth known as Marriott Rewards in hopes of recouping that loss (you can see from this post Marriott Rewards- Plus Points (tech wizards such as vaboywnder even gave up)   and may be better off next time at a Marriott, Ren, Autograph or JW, just charging a soda to your room (vs. buying one in the vending machine), otherwise b.e. can show you the wonders of badges. Good luck.

Right on, erc. I'm all over those badges since they are the way to go when it comes to micro points earning. Already I've racked up a whopping 125 points over the course of 9 paid stays (regular Platinum earning from those stays was over 12k not counting any of the current promotions going on).

By the time the year is done, I'll have earned an extra 175 points and it will have only cost me about $1,500 to do so. Now that's some serious return on my investment.

bt33 Member

Got it, thanks. I get way too wound up in these promos anyway, which I'm sure is their goal. I'll take whatever points I get from the tweets and buy more if I need to top up for an award.

But I thought I saw someone from Marriott on this forum, asking members to PM about PointPlus problems? I can't find that post anymore - is that still an option?

erc Platinum

bt33

You're taking a healthy response above - wtg. On page 7 (Reply #103) of the Thread Marriott Rewards- Plus Points

our good man The specified item was not found. offered to help painedplatinum. Now quite possibly, josh offered because he lumped pained into the Ol' Geezers Club (with me and my partners in crime listed above) and just felt sorry for him. If so, he may not have the same empathy for you

WARNING: you are about to go deep into the weeds (sort of like Dante's circles of hell) - should you request private help over 25 points, please do not burn joshm out, he's one of the good ones (save him for bigger fish).

bt33 Member

Actually I'm a tech geezer myself. It took me hours to figure out that # business which is why I was so frustrated. I think you're saying don't harass forum members for help over 100 missing points, which is fair advice. I agree, but when I posted I wasn't even sure the program was working right at all and just wanted to connect with the Marriot poster. Now I'm just missing day 1 (100 points) so I shot an email to Marriott over that. Thanks for your help guys!.

Beware, erc, tallest dwarf in the room, you are still a geezer, albeit your understanding of technical IT phrases such as snafu, and voodoo, relegate you to an E grade on the IT exam.

I think from previous posts you're on an A for Curmudgeonliness, A+ for RabbleRousing and C for wearing-tinted-bifocals, a la bejacob

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

He sure did, brightlybob.  Geezerness?

bt33 Member

Thanks. I logged on today to find I did receive 4 x 25 pts for the tweets yesterday. However, I never received credit for activity on Oct. 14. It's a small amount but I'm trying to top up my account for a reward. Any suggestions to get the missing points? Thanks.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Hey Insiders! Just a reminder for you that PlusPoints is coming to a close on Saturday, November 8th.

jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews

Now that the Plus points program is coming to a sad end, how roughly how many points did you guys earn? I counted each and every one on and came to a total of 11,150 only missing a couple that were not awarded. Still, pretty happy with the outcome i wish they wouldnt have to end it.

erc Platinum

That's the way to play it jm - score one for the good guys.

Jsucool76 Gold

I sadly only made about 3000 points, but I just joined recently. Still an easy score in my opinion. I liked it.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...