1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 24, 2014 6:21 AM by shashack RSS

Whisky-Single Malt or Blended

bjcilley Platinum 5 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I just returned from a trip (garden tour) to Scotland and have begun to research a Whisky Tour.  Have you been to Scotland?  What areas have you seen?  Do you like a single malt or blend?  Peat or no peat?

If you've traveled to Islay and liked a particular hotel, I'd like to know.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Edinburgh, Scotland
  • Re: Whisky-Single Malt or Blended
    shashack Platinum 4 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

I have not done the whisky tour but have had the good fortune to visit twice in the past 4 years.  We stayed in Edinburgh each time for a few days as a base and expanded to Isle of Skye and western Scotland for a few days this past trip.  I have visited Famous Grouse, Glefidich, Talisker, and Glenlivet.  I enjoyed them all and highly recommend distillery tours.   We drove though the highlands and it was an easy and beautiful drive.  if you have the time the drive to Isle of Skye is worth the effort.  Hotels on Skye are limited so book early.

As for my scotch preferences, I drink both blends and single malts and I am not a big fan of a heavy smoke or peat taste.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...