15 Replies Latest reply: Oct 2, 2014 8:02 PM by painedplatinum RSS

Lifetime Points Not Adding Correctly..Update 9/25

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

FYI for my Insider friends...

I've been tracking my points, and cross checking versus my account, since 2010. I received my lifetime total back then and have never had a difference through 2013. Since the new feature, Lifetime Points, is now showing, I noticed a 3335 point shortfall.

Also, it appears that after a stay has registered in the account, the  Lifetime Nights are updating correctly, but the Lifetime points are not registering at the same time...example, I stayed at a SHS and received the nights credit and the points credit in my account, but only the lifetime nights updated, the points are still not there. I suspect they will catch up, but I'll be watching.

Has anyone else noticed an issue?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Lifetime Points Not Adding Correctly
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Yes. My lifetime points are correct as of July 31, but all activity posted after that has not shown up (about 45k points thanks to the summer bonus). My lifetime nights are up to date, but the lifetime points are not. My MR credit cards points should be posting in the next day or two, so I'll check back after that to see if  the lifetime points have caught up yet. If not, I'll probably wait until month end.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Wow, you guys are so on the ball, this kind of stuff takes me ages to notice.

Luckily I've got my LT totals from an email a few months ago, so I'll just have to remember to keep an eye on this thread and if the problem persists, do my sums and call MR CS.

Thanks for the heads-up, lads

mi97tbird Platinum 33 Reviews

WWhere in my account will it show lifetime points?

mi97tbird,

On your account page for Marriott, click on "Account Overview:.....on the right side of the page, near the top, you'll see "2014 nights detail"..click on that. The bottom of the dialog box will have Lifetime info.

Update...  2nd stay last week...2 nights at CY... My regular YTD account numbers reflect correct current points and correct current nights...My Lifetime numbers reflect correct current Nights but are now 3 stays worth of points behind..

Lifetime Nights are updating with each stay...Lifetime Points are stuck..no updates.

Points from my credit card were added to my account, but the lifetime points are still sitting at the 7/31 total. I have another stay this weekend so I'll watch what happens then. If lifetime points haven't moved by the beginning of the month, I'll probably make a phone call. I'll let you know what happens.

• Re: Lifetime Points Not Adding Correctly..Update 9/22
    pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

I have been tracking Marriott points, nights, etc. since mid-2008, reconciling every posting to an Excel spreadsheet. I have to give MR kudos - I have never seen a single night not posted, a point not credited, etc. as if they were my bank and I was reconciling my checking account - perfect.

General observations - Using points to book hotel and then cancelling - points were returned in full, usually within 48 hours. Hotel stays (nights/points) almost always show up in My Account within 2 business days with few outside 4 days. Visa activity (bonus nights and points spend) appears to lag a bill cycle + 10 calendar days.

Perhaps my account is an aberration?

• Re: Lifetime Points Not Adding Correctly..Update 9/25

Okay...with the help of some of the earlier posts in this thread, I have been able to come to a couple of conclusions.

Lifetime nights updates with each stay or activity (ex..cc nights), just like the YTD nights.

Lifetime points has not updated since 8/31/14.  No points earned in September have posted to the Lifetime total. These points are reflected, as normal, in the current points total, but not in the Lifetime total.

So.......either the Lifetime points are "stuck" or they will update periodically.

I track these points like many folks on here so unless the nice folks at Marriott share the secret formula, I'll keep folks posted as to the pattern of posting for Lifetime points and how many pickled peppers that Peter Piper picked.

Points for my last stay posted to my account within two days. Lifetime nights updated, but lifetime points still haven't moved. Now that the calendar page has turned, I expect lifetime points to update. By the time the week is over, I'll be calling if the total is still stuck.

Here's the latest. I called MR today to see why my lifetime points were still not updating on the website. The rep confirmed what my lifetime points should be (which matches my total) and basically said to be patient. This is a known issue and is being worked on (have we heard that before? )

For now it's safe to assume that what shows online may not be correct (hurray for those who do have the correct number there ). Once the issue is resolved, lifetime points should update along with lifetime nights (which are showing as current).

So our points are being tracked. They are just not showing up on the website. Let's hope it doesn't take too long. In the meantime, painedplatinum, I'd keep my spreadsheet handy.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...