5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 23, 2016 3:01 PM by malstott45 RSS

Do MR points coverted to Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards count toward a companion pass?

ch4827 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hi I'm new to the site and have a question.  Do converted MR points to Southwest Rapid Rewards count toward a companion pass?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Do MR points coverted to Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards count toward a companion pass?
    lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi ch4827,

Welcome to the Marriott Rewards Insiders forum! This site is an excellent place to ask questions like the one have posted here, request recommendations or insights, and share experiences with a large network well-versed travelers who are knowledgeable and super helpful. I would encourage you to check out our Getting Started Guide while you explore the site, for it contains information and tips for using the page that I think you'll find useful.

Also, don't hesitate to reach out to myself, The specified item was not found. or KatieC with any questions or concerns. We make up the moderation team for the forum!

I'm looking into your question, and will get in contact with you with an answer. Thanks for posting!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Do MR points coverted to Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards count toward a companion pass?
    lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hey ch4827!

Here's what I found out- Members can use their points to purchase airline miles, and it's important to note that miles can only be transferred to an airline account in the same name as on their Marriott Rewards account. Once your miles are posted to your airline account, they are subject to that specific airline's terms.You can check out Southwest's terms here: 

Earn Rapid Rewards Points On All Hotels Booked on southwest.com | Southwest Airlines

Here is another link that may be useful:

http://www.marriott.com/rewards/usepoints/morerew.mi

Feel free to reach out with any additional questions! Thanks again!

malstott45 Platinum

I know this is a few years old, but the answer is yes!  I just did this in January and it worked perfectly.  Hopefully this doesn't change in the future.

curiousone Platinum

YES, but be sure to use a Travel Package to get the best MR -> RR conversion rate. Select 120,000 RR points and you will have the 110,000 needed for a companion pass. I do this every other year in Jan and my wife flies free for 2 years.

malstott45 Platinum

I did the exact same thing this year for the first time!  Is anyone else a little worried this benefit may go away now with the merger?  I'm good until 2018, but wasn't sure if I should try to do this again next year just to make sure I'm covered until 2019.  Anyone have any thoughts?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...