10 Replies Latest reply: Sep 19, 2014 3:38 PM by insidenji RSS

Marriott Memorabilia

insidenji Gold 6 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

When I was cleaning out a drawer, I found a couple things from a Courtyard I used to stay at a lot when in New York on business and I thought I’d start a thread about Marriott memorabilia.  My two favorite things from the Courtyard at LaGuardia are seen here.

A small metal container that held breath mints and the best Marriott pen EVER, the plane pen!!  Hey all you Aviation Geeks out there, great looking bird huh?

MM1.JPG

MM2.JPG

MM3.JPG

MM4.JPG

There was a time when some properties had a "Guest of the Day", not sure if they still do but once I was the guest of the day at the LaGuardia Courtyard and scored this cool pen.  I wonder why they don’t have fun little freebies anymore.  Cost I suppose.

Then I started thinking about all the laundry/shoe bags I’ve saved and how different Marriott property logos have changed over the years.  After I showed all of you Soaps Across America in the “What do you collect….” thread, it seemed only fitting for me to display a portion of my bag collection; yep, I’m weird.

MM bags.JPG

Clockwise from top; A shoe bag from a JW Marriott called Le Merigot in Santa Monica (went there to get over a guy I met on a plane, it worked), a shiny silver bag from a Renaissance (at LHR maybe?), Springhill Suites, the current design of a full service Marriott bag (probably from the Crystal Gateway I stayed at last weekend), a vintage Courtyard bag, another design of a Renaissance bag with a fancy scroll, current design of a Courtyard bag, TownPlace Suites, another full service Marriott design of the past, then over to the Sydney Marriott (great hotel although I think it has since closed since I stayed there in 2009, the Concierge Lounge was one of the best), and finally Westfield’s, I added this one because it is so patriotic.  I’ve stayed at many Residence Inns and Fairfield Inns (one of the nicest was in little Lock Haven, PA) but couldn’t seem to find any bags from those properties in my collection.

Does anyone else have any memorabilia to share?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Los Angeles, California,
  • Re: Marriott Memorabilia
    randomname Platinum 7 Reviews

I don't suppose you'd want a photo of all the room key cards I've forgotten to give back???

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

insidenji Gold 6 Reviews

Sure, why not?  Gosh how long have we been using key cards and not regular keys?

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

Insidenji,

Delightful!  (Cool pen!)  I don't have anything in the way of a Marriott collection, but I know someone else who does... jerrycoin has a fantastic collection of photos of Marriott associates, and subsequently new friendships forged along the way, and way to go Jerry.

If I could be allowed to collect something with the Marriott logo, it would probably be coffee cups (useful to me), though I haven't seen any with any of the Marriott brands (they have all - the ones that aren't disposable - been "logo-less.")  I noticed in FC on American flights that the coffee cups have a very small (and nicely done - understated) AA logo on them.  I would like to have one of those, but I don't think they're for sale (I haven't asked.)  Though the last time I paid for an upgrade to first, they did not refund me my paid upgrade to economy premium (they are supposed to), so maybe I should have taken the coffee cup as my "refund."

insidenji Gold 6 Reviews

I was trying to think of other memorabilia and I couldn't until I read your post about coffee cups/mugs.  I know I had a Courtyard mug with the green logo, in fact it may have been a gift from the same LGA Marriott that had the cool plane pen and I'm sure I had a SpringHill Suites mug too.  I think I got that one as a "Guest of the Day" in Lawrence, KS.

About 2 years ago I moved from Arizona to Minnesota and I made many trips to Goodwill trying to get rid of stuff I didn't want to haul with me.  I'm thinking the mugs may have been in one of the trips to Goodwill.  Boo Hoo.

But I did think of the sewing kits, I haven't seen one of these for awhile.  They were actually pretty functional and I loved the ones with the needles already threaded, perfect for a quick fix on a hem or a loose button.

MM5.JPG

erc Platinum

From the archives buried deep in a #2 mayonnaise jar in the bowels of Marriott;

(Roy Rogers was a fast food chain Marriott ran in the 70's/80's)

(original Lifetime Platinum card circa 2003/4)

IMAG2017.jpg

and of course, back in the dawn of time

http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab222/TJCNEWYORKINSIDERS/MarriottClubMarquisAd-August1983.jpg

insidenji Gold 6 Reviews

Oh my gosh erc  your collection is great!!

I love the little bottles of shampoo, etc. that have screw tops and can be reused; I use them for my carry-on liquids on the plane.  I don’t care for the scents of most of the lotions Marriott has had over the years with the exception of the lemon grass lotion at Courtyard (I hope they still have it, haven’t stayed at a CY for awhile).

The two bottles at top of picture below are the kind I like, the lemon grass soap had a nice scent also. My least favorite bottles are at the bottom of the picture, mainly because you can’t reuse the bottles.

MM6.JPG

And finally, I can’t believe I’ve spent the better part of the afternoon taking pictures of plastic bags and little bottles.

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

This is so awesome, insidenji! I love the items you've shared with us and the stories you have behind some of them, especially the pen and breath mint containers!

insidenji Gold 6 Reviews

Hey there, lindseyh glad you liked it.

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

The Renaissance Los Angeles Airport used to have Rubber Ducks in the Shower/Tub.  I took a pic of this one from my last stay there in 2008.

RenaissanceDuck.jpg

Location Brand Hotel
    Los Angeles, California,

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...