1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 26, 2014 9:07 AM by ssindc RSS

Extended Stay in New York

agarwaga Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Hi, I have a 30 day business trip coming up in New York, Manhattan. I wanted to check if Marriott provides long duration / extended stay discounts.

If yes, how can I avail it.

I am low on budget so can't spend $200-300 a night.

Thanks & regards,

Gaurav

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
New York-Manhattan, New York, USA
  • Re: Extended Stay in New York
    ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

agarwaga,

Good luck with this (and let us know how it works out for you)...  In addition to what others have said, it's always worth calling the individual properties directly - not the Marriott reservations line - and asking for an extended stay discount.

In addition, keep in mind that NYC is a particularly volatile (intriguing but complicated) Marriott market.  DO YOUR RESEARCH, and update it frequently....  See, generally,Re: NYC - Market Pricing  ... Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if you could save money by periodically switching hotels.  I know it's a huge hassle, but I've had plenty of experiences where there are huge savings associated with moving (particularly on Thursday/Fridays, when certain properties offer extremely low weekend rates). 

Note/warning: with apologies to The specified item was not found. (sorry, but I disagree with your advice on this one), addressing your needs and maximizing your savings is NOT one of the strong suits of using the online reservation system.  If you put in a lengthy stay, you won't see information on properties that are sold out for as few as one during the period you entered. Unfortunately, running lots of searches for shorter periods of time, will paint a very different picture of the NYC Marriott property landscape and its myriad options....

One other thought: pay very close attention to transportation costs as you do your math.  I'm assuming you're not parking a car (but, if you are, include the staggering parking fees in your calculations).  Many of the properties in Manhattan are within walking distance or within easy underground service to everything.  Unless my mother-in-law is with us, we never spend $$ on taxis in NYC.  It's not worth saving $20-30 a day on your hotel, if you end up in two or more long taxi rides every day.

I'd also make some effort to calculate how the included food plays out - at some properties, you'll enjoy free breakfast and others might offer heavy snacks at night.  But NYC is a city where fast food can be very reasonable...

To some extent, DC is equally complicated - Re: Biggest, Baddest DC Hotel Player, but, generally, much less expensive....

ENJOY!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...