5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 30, 2012 12:42 PM by johnnybravo RSS

JW Marriott Beijing

yunicorner Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Has anyone stayed at the JW Marriott in Beijing? How much time does it take to get to major sites like Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, and the Great Wall? What's the best way to travel to major sites? How does it compare to the other Marriott hotels in Beijing?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: JW Marriott Beijing
    jimmylotus Platinum

This hotel is located in the CBD of Beijing. If you want to take TAXI, may be a little more difficult.

However, if you want to go to Tiananmen Square and Forbidden City, try the subway. It may take you about 10-15minutes.

if you want to visit Great Wall, you can ask the hotel to arrange it for you. They can help you with the automobile and private guide.

The best way to major sites is and always is subway.

Finally, if I could comment on these Marriot Hotels in Beijing, I preferred Courtyard Beijing (in the center). for it owns the lower price and the best transportation.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

billtig Platinum

The hotel is one of the best in BeiJing.  I have stayed at the Marriott West end, the Renaissance, and the Courtyard and this is the best for location.  That being said, it is the best for location to Tianamen and not to the Great Wall.  You are easily, 20 minutes closer from the Marriott West end albeit farther from the airport. 

I take cabs in BJ as they are cheap.  Always carry the hotel's business card and most cab drivers can find it as the name is in characters.  Writing using our alphabet is helpful for you to pronounce but utterly useless to a cab driver--or any Chinese speaking person.  The ride to the Great Wall is about an hour and ask the hotel to arrange a tour at a palce other than Bad A Ling.  That's where the tourists go and it is crowded.   

jiatong Platinum

This us one of the best Mrt in BJ, it was new for the Olympics.

The lounge is great, & good 2nd floor bar.  Cabs at rush hour are a pain here due to tooo much BJ traffic for this central location.

More info on BJ & China on flyertalk.com

mxphfr Silver

The subway station is iside the shopping center just in front of the JW, very convenient!

johnnybravo Gold 4 Reviews

JW Beijing is one of my favorites.  It was actually my home away from home for a while since I've stayed there so many times in the past.  Getting to and from the airport via taxi is fine, and there are always taxis in front of the hotel waiting so no problem there.  Taxi fares are inexpensive, but traffic is horrendous in Beijing.  As to getting to Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, and Wang Fu Jing, best bet is to take the subway located at the nearby mall (Shin Kong).  Great mall with food court downstairs as well as various high-end restaurants on the top floor.  There are also restaurants right across the street from the back of the hotel, one of my favorites called South Beauty.

Hotel staff are wonderful, lounge is great, health club is better than norm, and just all around one of my favorite places to stay in Beijing...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...