14 Replies Latest reply: Sep 18, 2014 5:33 PM by bejacob Branched from an earlier discussion. RSS

2014 Autumn DC Deal Finds

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Brightly Bob,

Truth!  I just found the Ritz in Pentagon City for $135/night, 3 nights, no adv. purch.  It will be my first Ritz.  I am pretty jazzed!

Additional note:

If no one objects, I would like to request that NathalieF branch this (starting with this reply) part of the conversation to a new thread "2014 Autumn DC Deal Finds" so that it doesn't detract from the original topic.

Thank you.

Message was edited by: pluto77

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: 2014 Autumn DC Deal Finds

P.S.  With the Marriott Pricing Matrix, it wasn't quick or easy.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

OH NO!! She's movin' on up and leaving the common man behind...nice knowin' ya, Pluto

Ah, c'mon now PP, we know you're a secret Ritz stayer (I read the MR Insiders blotter ).

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

pluto77,

If you think you may have free time when your in VA look me up.  BTW... our buddy erc has reported the Ritz in Pentagon City is nothing special.  I havn't stayed at Ritz yet myself but would like to hit the one in FTL sometime.

erc Platinum

Well, I'd better respond or folks like painedplatinum may get the wrong impression and think I was being snooty.

Actually vaboy, your statement is 100% accurate, I did report that it is nothing special. Now before all the Ritz aficionados send in hate mail, it's relevant info, because certainly several Ritz properties that I stayed at were what folks write about (and no, that's not meant as a humble brag, I'm, as I replied way above back in the spring, a Marriott guy, who goes upscale with a Renaissance).  This Ritz is jammed into the Fashion Centre at Pentagon City Mall (Harry's Smokehouse in the mall is a good stop for a BBQ plate and a beer if you need a rest and don't want to go out that particular meal) and is not as glitzy as most other Ritz properties.

Nothing wrong with it at all though and pluto it's a good deal and you'll no doubt have a fine time. Enjoy.

Would love to see you guys.  Free time would be a certainty.  This is one of those need to get away trips.  No agenda, no schedule, no hurry, no worry, just whatever each moment reveals...

I'll send you an email once it's sorted.

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

pluto77 - that's a nice property (and, while there's no need to eat there - you're surround by options - their food is very, very good), and, even if the mall setting is a little weird, you should enjoy your stay!

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

No problem pluto77! Excited you found a great deal in the DC area. The Ritz is right next to the Pentagon City metro station making it very easy to get to downtown DC. Let me know if you need any recommendations while you're in town!

Thank you, NathalieF.  And it is indeed a wonderful thing that such good Marriott deals can be found in our nation's capital, such a fantastic city and area.

erc Platinum

I'm sure Arne was shaking in his boots after reading your FlashPerks post

and immediately ordered up a Pluto Special

Glad you got a deal - let everyone know when you travel and we'll arrange an Insiders get together.

jerrycoin    drop everything and come to the nation's capital when Pluto arrives - Be there or be square.

I certainly will.  I invited californian to join along, but she will be off traveling the equatorial regions and beyond for almost the entire month of November.  Way to go, Cali!

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Speaking of deals, a month or so back I reserved a night at the Georgetown Marriott for the last Saturday in September. Just checked the price again and it's twice the rate I booked. Sometimes it is worth booking early knowing that the option to cancel is always available if something better comes along.

One night in town next week and then several more near the airport in early November. I hope I can meet a few of the gang on one of those trips.

erc Platinum

Just a reminder, in spite of it's name the Georgetown Marriott is not in Georgetown. Although it's only about an 8-10 block walk (you're at 22nd and M, Georgetown starts around 30th and M).

So when you 'blow it out'  with that wild group of forensic financial party hounds, know the distance .

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Good to know. Basically this is just an overnight in the city on a weekend county collecting trip in eastern WV, and northern VA. I figured it would be a good excuse to make a Marriott stay in DC (as opposed to MD or VA) since I haven't done that yet. If I'm really ambitious and I have the time, I'll take the red line out to Rockville and collect Montgomery County, MD too.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...