16 Replies Latest reply: Oct 7, 2014 10:29 PM by gomer RSS

Comments on reservations has disappeared?

skiadcock Platinum 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

It used to be when you made a reservation online there was a section for comments - ie, request upgrade if available, wife arriving before me/let her check in, etc.

At some point in the last few years it got switched from the main part of the ressie to Guest info & you went in & did an edit there to add the comment (thanks to VickiSoCal on FT for finding where they hid it when they moved it).

Now I don't see it there, so are comments no longer part of the online reservation process & we'll now have to contact a Marriott agent to add comments? Or did IT move it once again to somewhere else?

If it's the former, that's not really efficient for either the guest or Marriott.

Cheers.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Comments on reservations has disappeared?
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I feel sure IT moved it during their Virtual Vacation work!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

Probably part of the hidden stuff that the front desk person sees about you during check in.

What does that mean?  The Front Desk sees the comments when you check in.

My question & the purpose of this thread is - in the past there was literally a section when making the reservation where you could write in the comments such as request upgrade, wife/checking in, etc, & then it got moved to a different part.  Now it's no longer in that part.

So - did IT take it off entirely & we now have to call the ressie line to have them add whatever comment/request we have or did it get moved to some other hidden spot?

Cheers.

I can't find thread but it was shown that the front desk has more inflation on us than many would have thought.  I am not sure about the comment box that you are referring to since I always had to call for special requests.

The comments section would show up on the screen, along with the other information to which you're referring. 

In the past you were able to input comments yourself (subject to 45 character limitation) when making an online reservation, either in the initial reservation process or go back in later.

Cheers.

erc Platinum

On step 2 of reservation (adding info) they provide the following;

Travel Planners (optional)

Please limit your message to 45 characters, including spaces

But, I'm pretty sure that's only if you are not signed in. When I signed in to make a Reservation, I could NOT find that space (it just went ahead and made the reservation).

2) I'm growing tired (at least on my marriott.com) of having that stupid blue and white pillow ad float down during my reservation telling me about the Best Rate Guarantee

3) I'm awaiting my next reservation notice next week (Ventura Marriott) to see if what some folks have reported, it's harder to find (or if it still exists) the Virtual Concierge.

erc  If you are one of us who hates paying for parking, I found a fair amount of free street parking without time restrictions to the right of the Marriott.  As I recall, that was the hotel in which a man came into the CL for breakfast in a Marriott robe.  You might look for him.

Thanks erc.  I'm sure you agree it's rather silly to have that show up if you're not logged in.  Geesh.

Cheers.

Ok, it is showing up when you're logged in. 

When you pick the location, date, rate/type of room and go to the next page, where it says review reservation details.  #1 is the location, #2 is requests like extra pillows, #3 is summary of charges (rate & cancel policy), #4 is confirm details (name, email, billing address, credit card). 

Right below the #4 are two links: one link is for travel agents & planners.  The other link says "is there anything we need to know".  Click on that & it has a drop down box with Please limit your message to 45 characters, including spaces right below it.

I'm going to complete the booking & then see if I can find if there's a spot to edit.

Update: the comments/anything we need to know section does not appear anywhere on the ressie once the reservation is complete, so you can't edit it online.  It will require a call to the reservation line if you want to make any changes to comments already made or write any comments if you hadn't made a comment when making the reservation.

Cheers.

erc Platinum

Good to know, thanks for sharing.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

That is good info.  Thanks

gomer Platinum 2 Reviews

Frequently I've found that 45 characters is often not enough space to make your comments / requests.

Other areas with drop down menus.... don't cover issues I want to communicate.

jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews

i noticed that too when i made the reservation for today.

Frogs Platinum 9 Reviews

I noticed that the comments section was missing as well.  I needed to make a note that someone else would be checking in instead of me and I was unable to add that comment.  I had to make a call.  Disappoints me actually.  This way I know the comment is entered and accurately portrays my request and a way for me to manage my reservations.

Sigh ...

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Creates much less workload at the hotel if the comments area was still available, now we ALL have to call and make a nuisance of ourselves rather than simply attaching it to a reservation.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...