7 Replies Latest reply: Sep 17, 2014 10:00 AM by iahflyr RSS

UA Offers $100,000 Buyout to Flight Attendants

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I ran across this little tidbit of news today:

United Offers $100,000 Buyouts to Flight Attendants - Bloomberg

What's next to cut costs at UA, removing one pilot from the flight deck?  How on earth can they be so far behind American, Delta, Southwest, Alaska and even Spirit in costs when they have one of if not the youngest most fuel efficient fleet in the industry?

Management, simply poor management led by the often talked of yet seldom liked Jeff (Slimesek) Smisek.  How does the UA Board of Directors continue to have him running this company?

Incredible just incredible to think of where CO was and where UA was prior to the merger of equals (oh yes so right).  And now the CO management is responsible for dragging this company through the gutter, the UA culture IMHO has overrun the CO culture particularly in the management level of things.  Amazingly most of the the front line employees continue to do their jobs and surprisingly with a friendly happy go luck attitude (at least on our flights) while management seeks to cut every corner they can.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: UA Offers $100,000 Buyout to Flight Attendants
    californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I heard about this.  It allows United to have younger flight attendants who make less replace the older higher paid ones and thus reducing costs.  At least they offer a buy out to entice some to quit.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

I completely get the reason behind it however; I'd much rather have an older flight attendant in case of an emergency than one who just got hired six months ago and has been on reserve ever since they graduated from training.

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

An interesting story, IAHFLYR, thank you for sharing! I'm with you though. I'd rather have an experienced flight attendant ready to help in emergencies!

solkua Platinum 1 Reviews

I heard they are going to put out envelopes on customers to tip the crew for their service....

ne_traveling_man Platinum 8 Reviews

LMAO!  That's too funny.  Makes you wonder what is next??!!!  Do we start tipping the person who checks us into our room??

Regarding flight attendants, honestly I don't care how old they are; to me if they are really there first and foremost for our safety, then why high heals and dresses???  Wouldn't pants and sneakers be more practical??!!!

Perfect for this site yes!!!!         

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...