6 Replies Latest reply: Sep 19, 2014 3:49 PM by bejacob RSS

Marriott Virtual Vacation

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Well now, it does appear that Marriott does in fact have an IT Department:

Marriott wants you to vacation on a virtual beach

The the only way we will ever get faster internet speeds, more user friendly website without glitches and windows popping up as well as the elimination of the Bistro is to go on one of these virtual vacations. 

What would Clark Kent have done had he climbed in one of these machines rather than the old faithful booth?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
New York, New York, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts New York Marriott Marquis
  • Re: Marriott Virtual Vacation
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

I'd prefer the experiences mentioned ("the black sand beaches of Hawaii or the city of London") in person. Having seen both, I can't imagine the virtual reality is as good as the real thing.

I'm sure the technology is cool, but I wonder if it fits with Marriott. I get the idea of tempting traveler to go to new places, but it I go to NYC, I want to experience NY not London or Hawaii. When I'm visiting somewhere, I don't want to focus on where I will go next. I want to enjoy the place I'm visiting now.

I do my planning at home in front of my computer. Technology (like Google maps) is a huge help. I don't need "4-D" to help me decide. I'll stick to reality and let other try virtual reality. Now if I were visiting a place like EPCOT it might be cool to try something like this just to see how it works. At Marriott, I think I pass.

So now the big question. If I stay at a Marriott in London that has one of these machine, would I be able to experience "virtual" London and then go out and see the real thing?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

erc Platinum

This is fine by me, but just remember; "Soylent Green is People! 

foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

Tastes like chicken.

skiadcock Platinum 4 Reviews

Actually Marriott still doesn't have an IT Department.  Framestore folk did the visfx. 

I'd rather Marriott put their resources into getting a decent website, sorting out their loyalty program, etc, etc, before doing something like this.  But that's just me.

Cheers.

erc Platinum

You and thousands more just like us (some who have departed dear ol' Marriott) wish that.

But alas, we're not these folks   Marriott - Travel Brilliantly - YouTube   they apparently eat that stuff up.

(although I do like the 'stubble' craze, I can be my usual lazy stiff and look hip )

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

My thoughts exactly.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...