4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 23, 2014 4:38 AM by tommo781 RSS

Charges for Internet Connection

allentelluide Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I am sure property owners love internet charges.  I routinely insist they come off the bill. And they do.  When I have Gold status -- about half of the time -- they come off routinely.

Biggest offender: Courtyard Stapleton in Denver. The so-called high speed internet service crawls at 1.5 to 3 mbs. 

Does Marriott intend to charge for toilet paper?  Light bulbs?  Electricity in the room?  Sheets?

Then why try to charge for internet service?  And if it is not 100 mb or higher, trying to charge for it is both an insult and a bad joke.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Charges for Internet Connection
    fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

allentelluide You have to be careful  about expectations from various "Marriott" facilities. Generally, regarding internet charges, Marriott Platinum members, most always, and often Gold, are not charged (upon check out) for these. The same applies to access to concierge lounge, free breakfasts, etc. Marriott Resorts often have different amenities and so do those hotels which are "franchise" - not strictly owned/operated by Marriott. For instance, the Marriott Hotel in downtown Augusta, GA, which is a franchise facility.

So, therefore, you might want to inquire in advance before booking your reservation.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

skiadcock Platinum 4 Reviews

Domestic CYs are known for having a 2-tier i-net system where being elite often only gets you the standard i-net free, not the higher tier package.  It's been a bone of contention with elites.

Cheers.

bjcilley Platinum 5 Reviews

I make it a policy now to avoid properties that do not offer Wi-Fi in the room.  The US seems to lag behind most of the European (not necessarily Marriott) hotels I use.

tommo781 Silver 8 Reviews

In the UK most Marriotts charge an extorionate amount for WiFi in the room.  OK, so they say it is free in the public areas, but who wants to carry their laptop about and sit in the lobby catching up on emails etc.  I think it is a huge rip off.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...