10 Replies Latest reply: Sep 23, 2014 11:24 PM by johnlb1234 RSS

Mega-Bonus "stay" question (newbie here)

gactravel1 Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Hello All,

I'm a newbie and I have a question about the Mega-bonus promotion that begins 9/15.  I was looking at the rules the other day and it says bonus points begin after you second stay.  However, it says: "  *A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity."   Does that mean a ONE-night paid stay doesn't count, since it's not consecutive?  Or are they just saying you can't check in and out if the same hotel repeatedly to qualify?

I have a reservation for 9/28/14 for one night and then another on 12/4/2014 for 5 nights.  They are both paid.  Will I qualify for bonus points? 

Thanks for for any help you can give.  

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Mega-Bonus "stay" question (newbie here)
    bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

gactravel1

Welcome to the Insider Community.  You're should be good for the bonus with your Sep, Dec stays at the same property.  A one night paid stay counts, but as you figured out, you can't check-out and check-in on consecutive days at the same property.  However, if you stayed on a Monday night, checked-out, came back Wednesday and stayed another night at the same hotel that would qualify since it wasn't consecutive stays at the same property.  That's my understanding and I hope it helps.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

aje5837 Silver 1 Reviews

Do you get 2x points after your second stay or after the 3rd like the last promotion?

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

Sorry, not sure about this.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Perhaps someone from Marriott NathalieF can answer this question for us.

Since no one from Marriott responded, I contacted MR customer support.  The associate said that the bonus doesn't kick in until the third stay (after the second stay).  Hope that helps.

erc Platinum

pluto77 and aje5837

I'm pretty confident the double points Begins with your second stay (i.e. after the first stay, all base points are doubled).

Once more demonstrating;

a) why it pays to call different reps if you don't get an offer you like (yes, I know, we shouldn't have to, but do we want to be right or do we want to be vacationing? )

b) why NathalieF should essentially have someone daily check any tagged references and respond promptly, especially to these slam dunk questions that could be answered in less than five minutes. Let's make Insiders THE Resource when it comes to policy questions ( especially since, in spite of very sincere and efficient attempts by the moderation team, we can't rely on Insiders for altering those policies, let's at least know where to learn them so we can play the game at the best of our collective abilities - thank you).

erc, the verbage (starting with your second stay) seems pretty clear to me also ...

promotion details.gif

(and I repeated her response (to me), back to her 3 times, to make sure there was no confusion).

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

If you are doing a stay promotion and have to be in the same city for a week or more, see if you can find a group of Marriott properties grouped together.  I did it once in Austin and once in Houston where there were 3 different properties that all shared a similar parking lot   Same price per night at each one, just checked out of one and into the other each night.  Was sort of a pain but tapped the bonus out in a hurry

johnlb1234 Platinum

One night counts as a stay.  You cannot check out and then check back into the same property on consecutive nights.  It will count as only one stay.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...