10 Replies Latest reply: Sep 22, 2014 3:50 AM by kharada46 RSS

Airport trading cards

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Just read this article...

Trade you an ATL for an SFO? Airports unveil trading cards

What does everyone think?

IAHFLYR, kharada46, erc   thoughts??

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Airport trading cards
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Never heard of this until right now, thanks for the link ks77

I like the idea particularly if one has quite a bit of time at the airport and the cards reveal some places to go spend some time.  But I'd trade that ATL card for just about anything else!!     How about a SFO for an EGE?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

Never heard of this either ks77.  Thanks for the info!  Very interesting program to say the least

Perhaps bejacob could add collecting an airport card from everywhere he visits in addition to the county postcards??

Speaking of airports and airport codes, wouldn't you like to have an itinerary that shows Fresno Yosemite International Airport to Fukuoka?  I'd type in the codes together, but I don't want to get into trouble...

Yes, I'm immature, but you gotta admit it's funny!! 

kharada46 yes that is very very funny, now go get some rest as I'm sure that took quite a few brain cells to come up with it.....yet very creative!!!

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

lol, that if I even have any brain cells left IAHFLYR  

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

HA!

erc Platinum

I agree with Jim Gill in the last paragraph of the article (thanks for sharing)

"The trading cards are an innovative and non-traditional way to share information and promote the airport," said Jim Gill, Acting Executive Director, Allegheny County Airport Authority, "but all the marketing in the world doesn't mean a lot if you're not delivering a great product."

when I get IAD and DCA, I'll put them on my bike spokes (probably before your time )

I bet the bike owner wished he had that '52 Mickey Mantle card in better shape !

Ahh yes, the cards on spokes......only us Geezers recall those days.

foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

TickaTickaTickaTickaTickaTickaTickaTickaTickaTickaTickaTickaTickaTickaTickaTickaTickaTicka

TickaTickaTickaTickaTickaTickaTickaTickaTickaTickaTickaTickaTickaTickaTickaTickaTickaTicka

Tic ka Tic  ka    Tic  ka     Tic      ka     Tic      ka         Tic          ka          Tic         ka           Tic

[Whoain' up the ol' Schwinn]

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

I still have them on my bike.   

insidenji Gold 6 Reviews

What a fun idea, I can't wait to start collecting the airport trading cards.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...