8 Replies Latest reply: Sep 19, 2014 1:56 PM by skiadcock RSS

Headed to London again

LondonBound2014 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I'm headed to London for the second time this year.  Going to see my Oakland Raiders pull out a miracle win at Wembley!  It will be a miracle!

My last time in London I stayed at County Hall and it was just great!  Teddi was just great, she is so awesome!  It wasn't my first choice hotel when I planned my trip, but after posting in this forum, I was referred to her and it proved to be so valuable.  I'd love to stay at County Hall for this trip, but their rewards points offers seemed to be for executive suites only.  I ended up making a reservations for Park Lane, Grosvenor House (JW), St. Pancras, and London Edition and have to decide on one soon.  Can anyone give my insight on these hotels?  I had to reserve twin beds for a couple of those, but Im hoping to get upgraded to at least double based on my platinum status.  Any advice would be appreciated!  Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom Marriott Hotels & Resorts London Marriott Hotel County Hall
  • Re: Headed to London again
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

LondonBound2014,

IMG_3215.JPG

Teddi and Ana, a "Dynamic Front Desk Duo"!  Why don't you contact the hotel directly and see if they can't make arrangements for you to stay at County Hall?  You can email, or arrange a phone call during their business days.  Why would you want to stay anywhere else?  If you are there from 9/28-10/5, say "Hello", I will also be there!

Good luck and have a wonderful trip!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
    London, United Kingdom Marriott Hotels & Resorts London Marriott Hotel County Hall
      LondonBound2014 Platinum

I actually thought about doing that, but I just hesitated.  When I stayed there before, I was able to book a room with 2 double beds with my rewards points and I ended up getting a room with a view, right on the Thames.  I love the location...so central to everything...and within walking distance is a reasonable market and nice little pawn shop over by the Waterloo station.

I will contact Teddi.  Thanks for your advice!  And if I end up staying there, then I will definitely let you know!  Thanks again!

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

That is so awesome you get to go support your team in London! Have a great trip, LondonBound2014!

LondonBound2014 Platinum

Thanks!  As soon as I saw that London was on the schedule I started making plans!

skiadcock Platinum 4 Reviews

If it doesn't work out with County Hall, I'm a big fan of Grosvenor House/JW.

Cheers.

LondonBound2014 Platinum

I was looking at the JW (and I generally love JW), but the Park Lane is closer to the tube station.

skiadcock Platinum 4 Reviews

You're correct that Park Lane is literally next to the Marble Arch tube stop.  However, JW is only a 5-minute walk (I've timed it) from Marble Arch tube stop  so to me it's not that big a difference.  JW is the larger property with a lot of suites, so better upgrade chances & it has a new large exec lounge.  That tips it for me to JW. 

But you're not going to go wrong with either property if County Hall doesn't work out for you. 

One thing you might want to check re; Park Lane.  There was a report on Flyertalk not that long ago that they were undergoing some renovation, so that might impact things.

Enjoy the trip & the game!

Cheers.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...